Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from kid to parent view

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When in kid view and you want to switch back to parent view, you need to enter a password and then instead of actually switching you back, it completely logs the parent out of the Fitbit app!  Why require a password if you then have to log back in again with email and password from scratch?!

Moderator edit: subject format

Best Answer
133 REPLIES 133

Hi, @Roni_S, that is a very good question!  I agree that it is quite cumbersome.  I wonder if that is how they intended it?  Hopefully someone from Fitbit can explain.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Yes, it is indeed very cumbersome!  I am letting my child use my phone to update, and this is why it's an issue.  Not all children under 13 have their own devices which can run Fitbit apps.

Best Answer

It is annoying. Luckily, my kid does have a extra device. But I don't always want to try to find it. Its easier to access thru my phone or my hubs to. But the logging completely out stinks when you forget your password half the time.......

Best Answer

@Bunnybear_05@Roni_S@Julia_G I agree as well. I have to enter the password to switch views and then get logged out. At this time, it's expected, but our team is working on correcting this. I don't have a timeline for a fix yet, but I'll update once I hear more. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Thank you, @KateFitbit!  Looking forward to it!  In the meantime, my 9-year-old is enjoying the Ace.

Best Answer

Can I check my child’s ace data without switching to kid view? When I switch back to parent view it logs me out. 

Best Answer

Im having problems even switching. Half of the time it doesnt work, and when it doesnt I still have the hassle of having to log in again!  I hope FitBit answers this

Best Answer

That problem with logging out is being addressed by fitbit. Keep an eye on the following thread which has the latest updates:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ace/switching-from-kid-to-parent-view/m-p/2747286#M300

Best Answer

Hi, @Ashtan_4, you can see your child's steps by looking at your Friends Leaderboard.  For other information you need to go to kid's view

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@Ashtan_4 I moved your post to this thread for better visibility. 

@EastOceanSoul We hear you, it is expected behavior at this time, this information has been shared and we hope to have a better experience in the future. 

@Julia_G suggesting viewing stats on your friends leaderboard is a good suggestion, I hadn't thought of that. There you can see a 7 day step total. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 3 kids who I purchased each their own ACE. It is a total PAIN synching their bands each day!!! My 3 kids are competitive and want to see their stats. Please Fitbit fix this issue. I would love to talk to someone at Fitbit from a mama's perspective.  3 kids (ages 7, 9, & 11) each have their own Ace.

Best Answer

In the same boat. Bought my 3 kids Aces yesterday. It appears the kid profiles will not reflect any steps at all unless I switch into kid views. Almost makes the parent view monitoring unusable with all the logging or I need to do. 

Best Answer

I know Fitbit uses Agile software development. If you're using Scrum, please tell your product owners that we are REALLY disappointed in the Parent View-Kid View feature. Surely your Scrum teams can fix this and fix this quickly.

Best Answer

This is a great idea, Fitbit. Customer-facing: that's what it's all about. When you delight MamaLide, you'll delight all of us 🙂

Best Answer

@KateFitbit, it is now July, and this is still an issue!  When can we see this switch between kid and parent view work smoothly?  

Best Answer

Bought my son the ACE for his birthday yesterday - bought a couple of spare straps because I knew the one that came with would be a problem - what I didn't expect was that the software would be so shoddy.

Switching into child view (iOS) often results in the app hanging, having to be shut down, logging back in, etc.....

Switching back to parent view - as everyone else has said - asks for your password, which is fine, but then kicks you right out to the initial log in screen!    Terrible.  Annoying. 

Also, there is no fitbit app for iPad, you have to suffer the iphone version - which looks terrible - when the family account is aimed at 8+ age range - children who won't generally have their own phones, but may have iPads / tablets. 

It's a nice idea, but currently poorly executed.  Have any of the developers asked real parents / children to test it?   When will it be fixed?  

Best Answer

This is more than just cumbersome.  t keeps my child from wanting to engage in the tracking and the challenges because it is irritating that they can't just check it under their profile.  The parent view, kid view and the family account logging in was very poorly designed by Fitbit.  Please fix this. I have to think that this aspect was not parent tested because it is ridiculous.  When I talk to other parents, one of the first things that I tell them is that if your child does not have their own device it is a pain.  And shame on Fitbit for not making it easier for younger kids without devices to login - since that is who this is marketed to.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I appreciate all your thorough feedback. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience.

Currently, our team is still looking into this. But be assured that we are working to resolve it as quickly as possible and that we'll be posting if we have any update in this matter. 

For now, if you see a spin please force close the app. And, then log in again and switch to kids view.

Catch you later. 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Just wanted to clarify, as mentioned in my post here, it is currently expected behavior when switching from parent view to kid view, to enter a password and then log in again. Our team does hear that this is not an ideal experience and I'll keep this thread posted on further updates. 

The app hanging, or going into an infinite spin on iOS when switching to kid mode as mentioned in @tallbird's post is not expected. We made mitigating fixes in 2.52 and it appeared to be resolved for some, but not all. This has been reported to the team, I posted an update in this thread and will continue to update that here. Thanks for your reports. 

Best Answer