Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALTA HR Broken Band

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased a fit bit Alta HR in August of 2018 from Best Buy. I also purchased an extended warranty for 2 years. The band broke in August of 2019. Best Buy advised me that any warranty issues had to be handled through Fit Bit direct.  I reached out to them and they sent a replacement band.  Well that replacement band has just broken.  Best Buy is not honoring the replacement band as they are no longer honoring ANY warranty issues with FITBIT- you must reach out direct.

I reached out to fitbit and their response is- the one year warranty is the original purchase date which has expired.  Never mind that we sent you a replacement band last August- that band had no warranty on it. AND furthermore the 2 year extended warranty- we can't honor since you purchased that from Best Buy.  You must call Best Buy. So bottom line is neither FITBIT nor Best Buy wants to honor the warranty to replace the band.  I have been a customer for over 10 years and i am very disappointed.

Why purchase an extended warranty if the retailer will not honor it.  The replacement band they sent in August had no warranty on it- how can a replacement part have no warranty.  Total BS for them to get you to purchase a new band or an entire new fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @vsantillo - I sorry I can’t help you maneuver thru all the back and forth. But I would like to suggest that it may be worth your while to just purchase a replacement band from a third party seller, such as Amazon. They have some beautiful ones that are relatively inexpensive. My only word of warning is this - if you order from Amazon, make sure you order something that is eligible for Prime. With the others, you may literally be waiting 4 to 6 weeks for them to arrive from China. This is something I learned the hard way ☹️

Best Answer

Hi @vsantillo  I have to agree with @SunsetRunner  about just getting one from Amazon. Sometimes you have to really talk to Best Buy about their warranty. I had a similar situation with my Flex bands that I bought an extra warranty on and Best Buy said they would replace it once. They also said there was no way I should have been able to purchase a warranty for it, but I did on their online site and had the print out to prove it. Fitbit gives a one year warranty in the USA and if a band breaks, that replaced band has only the remaining time period covered. The two year extended warranty, if purchased from Best Buy, should be honored by Best Buy. It took me some time, in my local store, to get my band replaced. They also told me to consider my warranty invalidated after I got the new band. Not too sure on Best Buy's policy, but don't give up. Let us know what you do.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer