Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accuracy of heart rate on Alta HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So - I have an Alta HR. And I've started doing some sessions with a personal trainer. And my FitBit dashboard has been routinely saying things like "oh you did 10 minutes of 'exercise' in that hour long hit class!" or "that session where you want flat out was only fat burn with 2 minutes of cardio". 

This puzzled me.

So I bought a second hand Polar chest strap heart monitor to compare the readouts from that. 

Dramatic differences!

The Alta significantly underestimates my heart rate when I'm exercising. 

Do I have a faulty device? Or is this just a limitation of the product?

PS:  I would upload images to show you what I mean but when I try to I get a message saying 'You do not have permission to upload images' - ah well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think it’s just because a chest strap gives a more accurate read. I use a Polar watch with chest strap when exercising to track my heartbeat/calories burned etc.My polar watch does everything my Fitbit does but who wants to wear a chest strap all day lol. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Let me see if I can attach an image via a 3rd party site:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it’s just because a chest strap gives a more accurate read. I use a Polar watch with chest strap when exercising to track my heartbeat/calories burned etc.My polar watch does everything my Fitbit does but who wants to wear a chest strap all day lol. 

Best Answer
0 Votes