Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting brightness on Alta HR's screen?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to see the screen in bright sunlight. Are there any adjusts that can be made to improve visualization?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Right on!  But I just don’t see how it can be done, but they should at least try!

Best Answer

Exactly! The whole reason I bought the device was to use it on walks outdoors. Most disappointing.

Best Answer
Spoiler
Living in California's Central Valley means lots of fully sunny days.  The Alta HR is too dim to read in that amount of sunlight.  Please give us a setting for increasing the screen brightness.  Automatic detection would be even better!
Best Answer

Why has the thread for Alta HR display brightness been closed!?! This is a real problem. Does Fitbit refuse to acknowledge customer disappointment and dissatisfaction?  I will purchase another brand as soon as I can unload the Alta HR.  What an annoyance!

Best Answer

I can’t believe that this issue has been closed. Does Fitbit just expect everyone disappointed with an Alta hr to just go, “oh well. I’ll just buy a new, more expensive tracker” ?? 

Best Answer

I need to learn to check things out more thoroughly when first purchased. I could have brought it back to Costco for refund or replacement. I will never purchase another Fitbit product.

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my Alta HR. It is otherwise working nicely, but unreadable in sunlight, which causes me to wear a separate watch on my other arm as timepiece. Regrettable that the display on the HR is useless in sunlight. Even under a shady tree difficult to read. 

Best Answer

Hi Guys, the only thing i found to do to help a little is change the display to sideways view, so that most of the characters are larger.

Best Answer

I'm so choked, I can't see my screen at all outside, even when I am under a tree or shield the screen from the sun!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am astounded that Fitbit could release a product, intended primarily for outdoor use and not test the screen display for compatibility in daylight.  It is simply not readable or usable in outdoor settings.  So disappointed in the product and my purchase.  I hardly ever use it anymore wherein a had a previous model to this Alta that I wore everyday and loved it.

Best Answer