Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Charges but doesn't work after I remove from charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey there,

I have seen this topic thrown around a bit in here and I wanted to see if I could get some help as well? I have had my fitbit since 2017 and it will not work once unplugged from the charger. It works great while it is still plugged in but screen goes blank once unplugged. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Kliafas. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @PapaKli  If you have been reading old answers then you have probably  tried restarting you tracker several times. If you haven't done it, give it a go. If that doesn't help then unfortunately it is dying.

Restart your Tracker  

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @NellyG, can you be more specific about "it is dying" ?

I have exact the same problem, and the device is fully charge. What else in the alta has an expiration date besides the battery? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AnonymousRunner No I can't be more specific, sorry. I'm not an electronics expert. But all electronic components have a life and then they give up, so it is normal for electronic devices to die eventually. Some quicker than others.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @NellyG you don't have to be sorry, and you might be right... though from all devices I have, ps4, iphone, ipods, ipads, laptops, tvs, all possible kitchen appliances, you name it... 

I still have 2 first generation ipods, which are 20 years old and they still work.

Fitbit Alta is the only single one which "expired" on my hands. 

Alta is just a cheap piece of tech that fitbit makes a huge margin on it, selling for over 100$, and not providing any real support or care for customers.

You as a "community council member" knows better than me how many people complain about this defect. 

I am not sure who do you "report" to as a community council, and if there is any special forum where council members bring back insights to fitbit. 

If there is such channel of communication, then you could try to make a change and really bring to fitbit's attention the dissatisfaction of thousands of people who are complaining here about this problem.  

Best Answer
0 Votes