Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR Burning My Skin

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta HR is burning my wrist. When it first happened I thought it was because I had put lotion on my wrist. I let the burn heal 2-3 weeks, making sure the skin in the area was back to normal. Yesterday I put my Alta HR back on and this morning I was feeling the discomfort again. I took my Fitbit off, and sure enough it was burning my skin again. Is anyone else having this issue.

Is Fitbit offering to replace these?

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @PJA2019. Is this a new development? How long have you had the Alta HR? Is it still under warranty? 

I would suggest you leave it off your wrist as you may have some sort of allergy. Please contact Support as they can tell you if you are eligible for a refund. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a problem with the wristband irritating my skin, as well. Someone suggested I wash the band. I removed the band and washed it with either dish soap or liquid hand soap (I can’t remember which) and that solved the problem. Hope it works for you. 

Best Answer
  • This also happened to me yesterday. I’ve only been using my Fitbit Alta for a couple weeks. I have burn to my left wrist, I have pics, don’t know how to post here. But for sure I won’t be using this device again. I’m sticking with my Polar Chest HR monitor. Hope your wrist soon heals too! 
Best Answer

I’ve had my Fitbit since 5/2018 and it just started burning my wrist 12/2019. It lines up with the metal charging dots. My doctor thinks the protective coating has worn off and now I am getting a reaction to the little dots. I let the first burn heal and then got another burn this month. Fitbit says there’s nothing they can do for the warranty. So I guess I have to find another tracker brand to wear.

Best Answer

This same thing just started happening to me about two weeks ago. I got my Alta HR in 2018. I wear it every day. I stopped wearing it to bed about a year ago. I have a red, raised bump directly under the location of the charging posts. It looks like a burn, but it doesn't hurt. It worries me, though. I changed wrists to give it a chance to heal up. I love my fitbit, but I'm worried about long-term harm now.

Best Answer

Maybe try cleaning the wristband?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This week my Fitbit Versa 2 burned my wrist all the way around it and the wound was oozing  a yellow fluid.  

Best Answer

My Fitbit Sense is burning my skin! I’m so sad because I loved this watch. I know the difference between a burn and skin irritation. This is a burn. It blisters and it takes weeks to heal. It’s nothing like a rash.Why is there only a recall for one of their watches and not all of the watches that burn people?

Best Answer

This happened to me.  I got a burn on the location where the charging dots are located.  Along with skin burn, about an one inch area of the skin is swollen and raised up.   I suspect that it's doing some harm to my skin.  I contacted the customer service and they are letting me return it for a refund but I am pissed because I already bought several wrist band for it.

Best Answer

Hi Superwoman! 

Yeah same as me and also brought several wristbands for it too. I'm amazed you are able to return it for a refund as I've had no luck at all doing that. Be grateful for any info/advice on this as it's too expensive to just leave it! Hope your wrist heals soon x 

joannecooley@gmail.com

(joannecooley at gmail com in case doesn't accept the at sign!) 

Best Answer
0 Votes