Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR can't setup on a MacBook Pro running Macos X 10.11.7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to set up an AltaHR with my MacBook Pro running Macos X 10.11.7. I had been using the software SUCCESSFULLY with an Alta. During the process of trying to set up the additional tracker the Fitbit SW - Fibit Connect - lost the ability to open the Main Menu. The window appears but all I get is the spinning gear. The Alta still syncs and the Dashboard is still available but no joy with the Main Menu.

I have tried the latest version of Fitbit Connect (2.0.2.7241) and also the previous version (2.0.1.6813) without success. The computer has Bluetooth 4.0 which I understand is needed for the latest version. 

What an I missing?

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @deeceehs37 Welcome to the Community Forums!. Thanks for your help in trying to resolve this inconvenience. 

You mentioned that Fitbit connect is not giving the option to open the Main Menu. In order to further assist, could you provide a screenshot of the spinning gear icon you get?. To attach an image, please follow the tips here

As you mentioned, the Alta HR can be setup using a Bluetooth-enabled Mac. In the meantime, please try the suggested tips from the following help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted if the issue persists. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi WilsonFitbit.Thanks for your response.

Attached are screenshots - one per your request - showing how I get to the
Main Menu and what happens when I get there.

I've loaded, unloaded the Fitbit software - including two different
versions - and keep getting the same result.

FWIW 1. This computer has been the "home" for an Alta for almost a year
problem-free. 2. I can set up the Fitbit at issue with a different Mac
computer and MacOS 10.13.6 with no problem what-so-ever.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @deeceehs37 It's great to see you around. 

Your help is very appreciated. It seems that the screenshots weren't attached but since this sounds a bit more serious. I’ve created a support case on your behalf. You should receive an email from Customer support. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you due to recent events affecting our operations. 

Have a nice day!. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes