Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR can't setup with iPhone 11

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After my successful migration from IPhone 7 to IPhone 11, I opened up the FITBIT app and it was not syncing properly so I tried several steps, which included deactivating Bluetooth and restart IPhone 11 but ultimately, removed the Alta HR from FITBIT app on IPhone 11.  I immediately got the message, www.fitbit.com/setup on my Alta HR so I reached out to Support.  I had received this message last year and Support was able to reset it for me when I called in.  This time, however, I chatted with Support and they had me go through turning Bluetooth off/on and resetting the button the Alta HR charger.  Nothing worked so they escalated to Support Level 2.  Few minutes later, I received an email stating that my device was defective and no longer under warranty.  And they offered a discount code so I can buy a new FITBIT device.  I was very surprised at the solution because surely, the device did not become defective when I switched IPhones??  So I logged back to my old IPhone and the ALTA HR sync'd up without any issues.  If my ALTA HR was within warranty, I'm certain they would be able to fix this issue but because it is no longer under warranty, I'm out of luck and need to buy a new one.  How does that make any sense?  Needless to say, I'm disappointed in this company and do not plan to purchase any more devices from FITBIT once this one breaks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @AltaHRuser750 Welcome to the Community Forums! 

Your comments and feedback with regards to our products and services are very appreciated. It's probably that you first need to remove the Bluetooth connection of your old iPhone and your Fitbit device: On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device. 

Open the Fitbit app on your new mobile device and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request. Also, please make sure no other mobile devices are nearby as this can interfere with the set up or sync process.

I have been informed by the Support Team that you contacted them. Since you have received assistance from them, I suggest you to update your case with the details you shared for further assistance or if you have any additional questions. 

Have a great day!

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I’m afraid to make any changes since it’s working fine on my old IPhone. The last thing I need to hear from your support is that my device is defective and I need to purchase a new one. What if I follow the steps below and I still get www.Fitbit.com/setup?? There is no guarantee that it will fix the issue. I lost faith in your support team to assist. Once this device stops working, I do not plan on purchasing any other devices from Fitbit, sadly.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AltaHRuser750 It's great to see you around. 

@AltaHRuser750 We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments. I also appreciate your efforts and I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Keep me posted if you have any questions. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes