Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR display is blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

This morning my screen has decided it doesn't want to display anything when I tap or swipe it. My battery is half charged and I have tried doing a reset of my tracker but to no avail.

Thanks

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
260 REPLIES 260

Good morning,

The Fitbit was issued to me as part of a Clinical Study, so I don't have all of the information Support needed to go any further. The tracker does seem to be gathering data even when the screen is black, so for now I'm just wearing next to my Ionic.

Thanks  for checking.

K

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I got help and I'm very happy 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Fitbit Alta won't display unless it's plugged in. I followed reboot instruations but still no display unless I'm plugged into computer.

Best Answer

@mattc57 contact Support (link in my signature)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My Alta hr Fitbit screen is blank. It is still tracking steps. When I plug it in the battery life displays. I do not know how to turn my Fitbit off - it has no buttons on it or on the charger. Suggestions for a fix are to turn off thebfitbit but I don’t know how to do that - maybe it is a model that does not turn off. How do I get the screen restarted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. My Fitbit Alta HR display no longer works, there is no reset button. It is still tracking data as I can see it in the app dashboard. I would love to know how to get the display working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you want me to call you? I see no message.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No thanks. I figured it out

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

What fixed it? I still have the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the button they speak about - it is on the charging cord at the end you plug into the wall socket. It’s visible if you look at the cord. I pressed it three times with a short space between and the Fitbit restarted

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received fitbit Alta HR yesterday.  Went through the set up and updates.  The app shows a full battery.   The fitbit logo and version appears for a couple seconds then goes blank.   I've tried the reset steps multiple times and didn't solve the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue of my screen not showing anything; even while charging. It had more than half a battery, and would still vibrate and track activity (according to my app). I tried resetting it numerous times and nothing - but I just kept pushing the restart button on the charging cable until the display finally lit up. T-minus 40 min later the screen is still showing as normal 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried re booting but still no display on my Fitbit Alta HR

Best Answer

I tried the reset button several times and the screen still wont restart. Please help!

Best Answer

My Alta HR doesn't vibrate when I attach it to the charger (so I can't restart it).  Screen is blank; it would only sync when I removed it from the charger (when it still charged).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. My Alta HR battery was dead and so I charged it. When I put it on my wrist, I don't see the green light and I tap the screen but it is blank. I put it back on the charger and tried to restart per previous instructions, but it just shows the battery and then scrolls "www.fitbit.com/setup." It's also not syncing. I have had it a year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, but the day it stopped working, the display would light up, but it looked like jibberish, then went blank. Still tracking steps and synced to phone. Tried restarting multiple times with no display activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem!

--
Kind regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same on and off wrist and it also will not show the Fitbit logo it also will not show its charge.

Best Answer