Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR display is blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

This morning my screen has decided it doesn't want to display anything when I tap or swipe it. My battery is half charged and I have tried doing a reset of my tracker but to no avail.

Thanks

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
260 REPLIES 260

I ended up getting a new one as well but I received 50% discount on a new
one as mine was still under warranty. I upgraded to the versa

Kind Regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did get mine going in the end by attaching to my laptop and pressing restart 3 times then leaving overnight charging. In the morning it was working!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I tried the restart option on fitbit alta hr. No display, although it syncs with my phone and vibrates when I plug it in. Please help.

Sincerely,

Argha.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I had the same issues, and was given the option of either receiving a
replacement or 50% off a selection of fitbits.
Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine rebooted but it only lasted a week, then went blank Again!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately I think you're out of luck like I am. Fitbit doesn't do
repairs or have any other options to get it fixed and working.
Best Answer

This didnt work for me. My fitbit vibrates when I press the button, but my screen is still black. 
any ideas??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine did die again after a week but could not be revived but bizarrely my phone is still tracking my steps- which sort of fits with the amount I’m walking!! I’m sorry out of ideas!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried your suggestions on trying to fix display on my Fitbit Alta HR and the three button presses on charging cable still isn’t working. My phone is connected to it and registering steps on phone but nothing on Fitbit screen?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, I couldn't fix my Alta HR. I purchased an Inspire.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I have exactly the same issue and they asked me to restart/reboot and did not work while screen remain blank buat I can still sync and use it and collects data to my phone.

Called the CS and they said warranty is out and nothing they can do.

Any help is much appreciated 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello.
I had the same issues as you but fortunately my was still under warranty.
Sorry that yours is not.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, i have a similar problem to the one you tried to resolve previously and I'm following your advice but my charging cable doesn't have a button to depress to reset the Alra. Is there another way? Alta shows fully charged on app but no display. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately you need the cord with the button.  Sorry!Good luck.  I ended up buying a new Fitbit when they offered a discount.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. Having the same problem. And have restarted it many times now!

Battery is full. Synced to my phone app. But display is not working when it is not connected to the charger.  HELP

Best Answer
HelloUnfortunately in the end I purchased a Charge 3 taking advantage of their discount. SSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  A friend gave me her almost new Alta in the original box.  The charger has no button on it so I can't reset.  😞  The device worked for a month or so, but now the screen stays black when I put it on.  When I plug it in the battery is fully charged.  Any way to reset it or wake it up with the button-less charger?  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was piggybacking on this question.

My Alta HR had low battery several days ago, I put it on charger overnight...it charged, I wore it the next day.  By end of day screen was blank.  I have tried charging it several times since then.  It doesn't light up or display anything when I put it on the charger; it doesn't vibrate when I put it on the charger.  It gets warm to the touch but that's it.  I tried what you suggested above about rebooting...still nothing happens.

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, my screen is still black after I did the recommended restart. Is there anything else I can do?

jodi

Best Answer