Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR display is blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

This morning my screen has decided it doesn't want to display anything when I tap or swipe it. My battery is half charged and I have tried doing a reset of my tracker but to no avail.

Thanks

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
260 REPLIES 260

Add me to the list of customers whose Alta HR has malfunctioned just after the warranty period. I followed the steps in this thread and my display will not come on. I did a support chat and was told my only recourse is to buy a new device at 25% off. I have already bought 3 Fitbits within 5 years, plus spending more money on replacement bands for each one. The support agent was not at all helpful. No way I will give Fitbit more money after this, so time to go with a new company! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Fitbit community.

I have an Alta Fitbit. It is my second one. (I never had that many issues with the first one). I replaced the second one early this year.

I am very frustrated with it. it was working just fine then the last couple weeks it has not work at all.

First my Fitbit was not charging properly but still indicated the battery was at 75%.

When it is on the charger the Fitbit logo shows as well as the time and the steps but as soon as I put the Fitbit on my wrist the screen turns black and does not record my steps/ exercise for the day.

I bought a new charger with the reset button on it because I realized the one I had did not have that function.  I thought I reset the Fitbit correctly last night. It was fine, the clock was showing without having to tap on it, I charged the Fitbit overnight and wore it this am to go to work.

And here we go again...The screen is black. My Fitbit is not syncing with my phone too.

I have a red question mark next to "sync now". I tried everything multiple times. 

I have uninstall my Fitbit app too multiple times. Please help! This is driving me nuts!

Thank you in advance! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same problem. Keep writing to fitbit. Eventually they answer
and give you 25%off a new one. I followed every suggested remedy and
finally purchased a new Fitbit.

S
Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up in the end tried everything Fitbit gave me a replacement so far
so good!!! Good luck!
--
Kind regards,
Kathy O'Brien
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello.i appear to have same problem in that the screen is invisible on my Fitbit alta hr. I have tried to reboot it, the fitbit did vibrate but screen still blank. I would appreciate any help you can give.

Many thanks

Lilian 

Best Answer
0 Votes
i have reached out to fitbit a couple times since april when mine went down
also i have had this happen 2 other times and eventually it would start
working again. i'm thinking it must be an update that fitbit and apple are
not communicating together cause it seems to be when apple does updates.
and to me if this has happened before then the fitbit is not the problem
it's an IT issue so i have been telling people if more people call n with
this issue then maybe they will fix it. also they will try to send you a
coupon for a new fitbit and they will try to go through the process of
troubleshooting but it dont fix it. hope this helps.

--
*Boles4life*
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I put my tracker on to charge nothing shows on the display.  It does not vibrate.  The green light on the bottom is not on.  It is charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Sorry to say I finally gave up and took the 25% offer to purchase a
new Fitbit.
Sally
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was following the instructions you've given other members for a display screen gone totally black. Trying those did not help or fix my Fitbit alta hr screen. When I put on the charger, I do feel it vibrate. Other than that, no life. Help please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. 

I had the same issues. I have now been given the option of a replacement or 50% off a selection of different Fitbits.

I choose the replacement alta hr as I am happy with this model. Looking forward to receiving it within the next 7 days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you get them to replace it?
Mine is 1 1/2 years old.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Im so sorry but I finally had to purchase a new fitbit. They gave me a
25% discount. Someone said they aren't trying hard enough to fix this
problem and just want to sell more fitbits.
Wish I had better news.

S
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was given the option of a replacement or 50% off a selection of fitbits
Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted fitbit support. Mine was 18 months old too.
Best Answer
0 Votes
There's nothing u can do last time mine went blank it eventually came back
--
*Boles4life*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow 50%? Good deal!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

My screen has gone blank.but the fitbit is still recordong my steps etc as when I go on my phone I see my step total had gone up. It still buzzes at 10 to the hour if I haven't done 250 steps so it's working it's just the screen won't come on

How can I fix this? Unfortunately I had to buy a new charging cable and it doesn't have a button on it to reset my fitbit so I'm at a loss of what to do

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello.
My fitbit was the same, blank screen but all the data came up on mobile. My
alta hr was only 18onths old.
I spoke to a Fitbit advisor and they are sending me a replacement. Really
pleased with service.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This might be a stupid question but how did you get in touch with them?

Best Answer
0 Votes