Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR display is blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

This morning my screen has decided it doesn't want to display anything when I tap or swipe it. My battery is half charged and I have tried doing a reset of my tracker but to no avail.

Thanks

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
260 REPLIES 260

I'm having a similar problem.
I noticed yesterday that the screen was off. It wouldn't show the time correctly, the lights would be missing in some places and showing where they shouldn't be. Also noticed that the lights were higher and not centered on the screen for the time.

Today, I was seeing a screen with almost full dots.

Now it won't show anything on the screen.

I've tried the reset multiple times tonight but it isn't bringing the screen back.

Fitbit buzzes when I plug it in, when I press the reset button, and when I get texts etc. There's just no screen.

Please help!

Best Answer

My Alta HR has same issue

charges and can sync to phone but nothing on screen

Tried reset at least 6 times and pressing button makes watch vibrate but no reset happened

Can anything be done or do I have to replace it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was suggested to me by a moderator to try to change the clock set up from within the app to see if that would help, it didn’t help for me. The moderator logged a ticket for me with support, and support contacted me the same day. They were able to see in the backend that my Fitbit was resetting but unfortunately no good end for me. 

My Fitbit is 1 year and 8 months old so outside of the one year warranty, but certainly not old and I was expecting it to last much longer. 

I’d suggest creating your own new post if you don’t hear back from a moderator on this post. They can help you get a ticket logged for support to do a deeper look. 

I’ve ordered a new Fitbit and am hoping for a product that will last longer than this one or I will be switching to another company. 

Good luck, I hope your Fitbit starts to display for you! 🙂

Best Answer

I’m on my third Alta - the original one has been replaced twice. Still a blank screen. I asked for an upgrade or a refund. They refused and said I could get a replacement or pay for an upgrade. My Alta lasted less than two years. This was an upgrade I paid for when my One Fitbit failed. I’m giving up and going for another brand now. My partner has a more reliable one and the charge lasts 28 days. So much for the market leader. This has been a costly exercise ..... ☹️

Best Answer

Ouch! 

Seems they don’t sell the Alta anyone (or at least it wasn’t one of the ones I saw in their site). I’ve chosen the Inspire, however certainly won’t give it a third chance if this doesn’t last long. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I will change too very dissapointed
--
Kind regards,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I did call customer service; since I got my Alta HR from a friend who upgraded hers, they could not help me.  I moved on to a Fitbit Inspire.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Were you able to resolve your issue? Same thing is happening to my Alta HR. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No it was not resolved. I bought the Versa on Amazon Prime day

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope. They had me try to reset it (connecting to PC and pressing reset button on the charging cord - I think you press 3 times within 4 seconds for it to reset. 

They also had me try to change the clock face but that didn’t help either. 

The moderator logged a support ticket for me and support was not able to resolve. 

Seems a lot of people have the same issue. It’s making me nervous as I’ve just ordered a new Fitbit. I’m hoping they’ve made improvements to new models so I won’t have the same issue when my inspire hr comes in.  

Best Answer

Nope! It seems to be recording steps but still nothing on screen. I’ve got three blanks Altas now. Duds 🙁

Good luck. I’ve got three blanks now and my previous model went the same way. I’m steering well clear! Customer service just keep sending more out. It’s a nonsense frankly.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

No couldn't resolve it!
--
Kind regards,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my 2nd Alta in a week.  Returned the first one for the same problem.  The screen doesn't work!  When it's plugged in I can view the display but as soon as I unplug it it doesn't work.  Says the battery is full. 

Tried the reset several times.  It would show the fitbit logo, then my version number.  From there I could tap to see the time, steps, etc. But as soon as I unplugged it, screen was black and would not come back on.  Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly the same as mine but I’m on my third!
So Fitbit - what are you going to do about it? These Fitbit’s aren’t fit for purpose and should be refunded.
Best Answer

Hello guys, I hope you are doing fine.

I am sorry to hear about disappointment, for the delayed response and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue.

@jennkelly@Flower19 and @Davidrussell, upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already contacted them or that a case was opened on your behalf. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, just keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

@Kathyjobrien and @riasibulo, have you tried to restart your tracker? If you haven't, I recommend trying this by following the instructions provided in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?.

@Melasla and @Caslprice, those are great news. I am glad to hear that you will be receiving new trackers. At the moment of receiving them, you can follow the instructions provided in the help article: How do I set up my Fitbit device? to set them up.

@C.Smith111, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had my issue fixed. Thank you
Best Answer

Great! 😁

I look forward to it. All I get offered is another Fitbit - I have three blank screen Altas now. I’m on holiday in US but when I get home I intend to buy another brand

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Thanks for the tip. I already reached out to customer service and tried to restart my fitbit a few times. Unfortunately, my fitbit did not respond. It does not even vibrate when I plug the charger. Customer service told me that there is nothing fitbit can do about this. so sad! 😞 actually expected my fitbit to last longer than 2 years since my flex (bought in 2014) is still working. oh well..

Best Answer
No mine doesn’t vibrate anymore or show that it’s charging but according to my phone it is and does record the steps. However I paid £50 for an upgrade to have a face on my Fitbit so that’s what I expect. Still no response from Fitbit despite the previous assurances. Ridiculous. This will be going on Twitter next .........
Best Answer
Surprise surprise. Good luck with that.

In another twist I have just been through US security at Denver airport and she asked me to show the face of my Fitbit! Of course I couldn’t so I had to take it off so she could examine it and she finally returned it to me. So be warned if you’re flying!
I still wear mine as it records my steps - nothing more. Still waiting to hear from Fitbit Customer Services ......

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes