Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR display is blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

This morning my screen has decided it doesn't want to display anything when I tap or swipe it. My battery is half charged and I have tried doing a reset of my tracker but to no avail.

Thanks

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
260 REPLIES 260

I have tried everything from switching of the app and re opening, restarted iPhone and iPad. Switched off blue tooth and re booted. And held the button 4 times in 10 seconds. 

The battery is over 50% full, when I press the button on the charger the battery mark is solid and it does vibrate. 

Disconnect the charger and a message to reset and web page details. On the app it is showing the steps I have achieved. Screen remains blank? 

Best Answer
I feel your pain! Mine decided to stop recording steps today 🙄
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried rebooting to have display work and no luck. Very disappointed as my Fitbit is only 1 year old.

hi what was your other brand that lasted 28 days I am definitely interested.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Miband by Xiaomi. Much cheaper and better battery!
Still waiting to hear from Fitbit customer services about what they are going to do about mine ....... They did say I would hear from them! Oh wait, that was over a week ago 🙄
Best Answer
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I am having the same issue, but I’ve tried the restart and the screen remains blank with no response. 

Best Answer

Had the same problem occur yesterday. Tracker just turned off at some point while I was wearing it. Still had some life on the battery, but wouldn't recharge when I attached it to the power source. Attempted to do the restart, no luck. Finally tried to restart it following your *specific* instructions to do the 3 presses *within 4 seconds* - screen came back on, and tracker started to recharge. I hope and assume that it will be back to normal once the battery has reached a full charge. Thank you!

Best Answer

My Fitbit did not respond after the three presses on charger.  Please advise.  

Best Answer

Fitbit said my inspire was unrepairable after troubleshooting. Was advised to just buy a new one. 😞 i think this is planned obsolescence.

Best Answer

i got the same answer for my alta hr with a blank screen.

im having the same problem i think it has something to do with an update it was working fine and now all of a sudden couple weeks ago i have no screen everything works but no screen and fitbit says its run its course to buy a new one.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I had the same problem, however when I am trying to restart my fitbit, it does not vibrate and restart.

What should I do?

Thank You,

Rhythm

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call fitbit customer service
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit Alta HR screen is still not turning on.  I can sync it and I can charge it but the screen isn’t working

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta HR just died yesterday.  Battery has not been holding charge.  I have reset it 3x and recharged it fully, but within one hour of the reset and new charge, the fitbit goes blank and is dead again.  I have owned this ALTA HR for quite a while, at least 4 years,  since they first came out and I really like it.  Looks like I will have to get a new FITBIT unless someone has ideas.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I took it back to the shop I got it from so they could fix it, but they
said they are about to get rid of all alts hr’s. So they gave us our money
back and I bought a Fitbit versa 2
Best Answer

Hello

My fitbit alta hr is fully charged however display not showing. When on the charge unit I can get the different screens to flash up but only briefly. I have attempted the reset & I have seen the fitbit logo flash up but then it goes to flashing between full battery image & logo, sometimes the home screen (time) flashes up. If I take it off the charger it stays with the battery image & if I tap the screen it sometimes flashes through the screens. It was fine one day then appeared to 'die' while on charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reality of these devices is that they last a bit over a year, then they die.These things have the endurance of an asthmatic tortoise running a marathon. 

If they cause trouble within a year then customer service will send you a new one most likely, but if they are more than 1 year old and they go wrong then you are ON YOUR OWN.

Factor that into your purchasing decisions when you decide to but a fitness tracker.

Best Answer

I tried this. The Fitbit logo appears then disappears. The screen is still blank. I have tried this several times and the screen is still blank. Are there any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I follow the instruction to reboot my watch but when I click on the side button I see wavy lines for 1 second and then blank. The watch is still recording my movements just no display. I could not find any other instruction for this situation. I activated the watch 1/25/2019.

Where do I go from here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was setting up my Ultra Hr that I bought 6 months ago.  I charged for about 4 hours and did set-up.  Nothing at all slowed on display.  I was able to sync on app and got to code to enter from display, but nothing shows on display.  It vibrated when I connected charger and also when I try to reset.

Best Answer