Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR display is blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

This morning my screen has decided it doesn't want to display anything when I tap or swipe it. My battery is half charged and I have tried doing a reset of my tracker but to no avail.

Thanks

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
260 REPLIES 260

I have tried to reboot but still blank

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi @FerdinandFitbit  

I have experienced the same problem as @Kiela and my fit Alta HR restarted multiple times yet once removed from the charger it goes blank yet vibrates whenever i get a message and it still syncs with the app. Once on charger i sometimes can see the clock. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a blank display. When I have my fitbit in charge, the battery symbol appears, then the battery charging symbol appears and then the display goes blank again.

When the battery charging symbol appears, I have pressed the reset button button 3times; can feel my fitbit vibrate three times but the display then goes blank again 

Please advice

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up ! But I found emailing FitBit they were really helpful and gave
me a new fitbit!

--
Kind regards,
Kathy O'Brien
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have a button on my charger. When plugged the fit bit display shows. Once off the charger and asleep, the screen does not come back. Only my phone tells me anything about the tracker. So it is still tracking.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish they would have been that generous or even replied.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi... are you still helping with that.? I just tried what you said but it’s still blank.. what else can I do about my Altra HR?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have tried this but my display still isn't showing anything. It seems to be taking a charge and it buzzes when I press the button, but the screen remains blank. Can you help please? 

Best Answer

Hi my fitbit has also now stopped displaying anything on the screen. Even during charging and doing the reboot. Nothing is displayed. It does vibrate when I connect the charging cable and when I press the little button also I have the green light on the device itself but no display on the screen. 

Is there anything else I can do to get it working again as I'm not getting any data syncing either..... 😞

Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Alta HR has LED failure and the green light is no longer on.  I tried the reboot and it doesn't work.  I am looking for the buttons to press and I don't see it.  I put my charger on the back and nothing happens.I see something in the middle of the back but it doesn't seem to be something that you can press.  Please help me figure out how to get the green light back on an reboot my watch. 

Thanks

Assarha

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I need help too. My display is blank. I tried doing the restarting procedures. Nothing changed. The screen is still blank. My fitbit feels hot though...

I hope you can help me. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my Fitbit has gone off and I’ve tried pressing the button 3 times and still nothing , I rely on my Fitbit everyday so please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have fitbit Alat HR and my screen is black. I attached it to my computer and did all the reset steps but nothing shows up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing.  It is 13 months old.  I contacted support and they basically told me to purchase a new one with the 25% discount.  They said the tracker should last longer than a year, but I must have had a defective one.  Reading the support forums, I’m one of several with the same problem.  I will not be purchasing another Fitbit as I have no desire to replace the device at my expense every year.    

Best Answer

Thank you so much. Mine is a bit under 2 years and they offered me the 25% discount as well. First they told me on a new purchase and then they sent me another email that I can use the discount on the certain models. I’ll be not purchasing another one. I am not spending $200 every other year. It should have lasted longer.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

Hi,

Have you perhaps done some kind of recent update because I note several others within the last week have also had this problem. I've followed your instructions but to no avail. The green sensory lights are working, it counts my steps, but no display. It vibrates on plugging in to charge, it vibrates each time I press the button on the charger 3 times in less than 4 seconds but the screen remains resolutely blank. 1 yr  8 months mine has lasted, working perfectly until a few days ago. Going to contact the support desk but from the comments on here seems that they use the opportunity to get you to buy a new unit, perhaps set up to fail? 

Had gone with Fitbit as such a strong brand so was assuming their kit worked. This is disapointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is exactly the same. Very disappointing.

Kind Regards,
Naz

I am never too busy for your referral!

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the last week my Fitbit Alta HR has been behaving very strangely. The display was only showing information on one half of the screen. I charged it and the problem disappeared, but it happened again today. I charged it again but this time all I have is a totally blank screen. I have tried to reset it several times, I can feel the device buzz, but I don't get the logo and the screen stays blank. What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem and support told me I would need to purchase a new Fitbit.  Is this a common problem with the Alta HR or a problem with Fitbits in general?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta HR display is blank.  The battery is fully charged and the tracker is still tracking steps according to the dashboard on my computer.  I have tried pressing the button on the charging cable 3 times - the watch vibrates after each press - but there is no change on the blank display.

Best Answer
0 Votes