Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR display too dim

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve just bought my Alta HR & am hugely pleased with it, but find the display is too dim to read outside, even on a cloudy day. Unlike my mobile phone, the screen brightness doesn’t apear to alter & compensate appropriately for varying light conditions. Very disappointing.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

I totally agree! I finally junked mine and bought a Galaxy Watch. MUCH better, not much more than I spent on the Alta HR originally. Never buying Fitbit again.

I can't even read mine in the dark anymore! What a waste of money.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

My brightness and readability got much better switching to horizontal mode. Fwiw.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In agreement with CKay.

Defective product. No support. I did try the horizontal view. Didn't help Jack! Would I recommend FitBit? Heck No! I will be looking for another Activity Tracker, but it will not be a FitBit.

Waste of money, indeed.

Just switched to horizontal.

Nice try. Face it, it's a defective product.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Thanks!! I tried the Charge 4 (not much better) and now I have the new
Luxe. Love it!
Best Answer

This is ridiculous! I'm assuming the ALTA. Has the same settings as ALTA HR?

If so it's garbage. I will never buy FitBit AGAIN!              HELLO Google! 

Best Answer

CKay,

Congratulations on your new purchase. I recently got the Apple Watch to replace the Alta. As like you, "never buying Fitbit again". A simple upgrade to another product would have made an impression. Opportunity lost!

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit I am reading this issue ALL OVER the place.  Please let me know if Fitibit has come out with a statement on this or any type of recall.  If not, why should we buy new products from Fitbit when this is to be expected?

Best Answer

I have same issue in just the last few days.  The screen is much more dim than it was a few years ago and now the battery won't hold a charge all day.  I've had this Alta HR for about 3 years and like the size and capabilities but now that it's not functioning all day (and night), it's not very useful.  I wish FitBit/Google would provide a statement or at least a trade-in credit on a newer model.

Best Answer

My display used to be OK, just bright sunlight was an issue. Now I can barely see anything. Had it a few years (can’t remember).. have you charge it almost daily now too.

Best Answer
I have moved on to Apple watch almost a year now. Too bad no Fitbit representative here can give solution. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

Moved on to Apple watch at the beginning of the year. Feel the same way about Fitbit. Very happy with the Apple.

I don't run anymore, but it keeps me walking the golf course rather than riding the power cart. Very much support and recommend the Apple apps on the watch.

Best Answer
I bought an Amazfit for $29. It has many added features than Fitbit. I also like the fact that you don’t need 3rd party software to feed results into Apple Health. I do like the idea of Apple Watch but I have a number of other regular watches I like wearing.
Best Answer

Your comment is deja vue to me. Never did get support as to what Fitbit would do for me when they knew that their product was defective. They just recommended that I purchase another one of their products. Can never recommend another Fitbit product again. My Apple watch is just perfect.

Best Answer
I don’t need third party software as i am using iphone so its convenient for me 😉Amazfit is also nice. Maybe i’ll get it for my son. 

Best Answer
Yess me too. I’m not an avid runner but i like Apple watch as it keeps me completing my daily moves. Either i slow walk or run on the treadmill is enough. Key is being consistent. I don’t go to the gym or lift weight. Just regular workout to fit my daily life. 

Best Answer

I agree, it's very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Your answer was 4 years ago and this is still a problem. As someone else said, surely a software update would fix the problem…??

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not that Fitbit cannot solve this simple issue in 4 years, but Fitbit does not want to fix this issue in order to keep selling future new proctuct. Seriously? 4 years by now, and there is no solution for one of the best Fitbit device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I replaced with AmazFit on Amazon. It does all the FitBit did and more and I bought it on sell for under $50 new.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is useless very dim 

I think it is on purpose to sell you another every two years 

can not change batteries 
I took one apart and the battery cost less than three dollars but it is impossible to change on purpose 

this is a bad greedy approach by this greedy company 

Best Answer