Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR display too dim

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve just bought my Alta HR & am hugely pleased with it, but find the display is too dim to read outside, even on a cloudy day. Unlike my mobile phone, the screen brightness doesn’t apear to alter & compensate appropriately for varying light conditions. Very disappointing.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Hi, this issue of a dim display on the Alta HR that gets worse with age is really causing me big problems now, as others have described. Your response was a while ago now - I wondered if the issue has been sorted in newer models?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought a sense about 16 months ago and it is still looking good.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought an Apple iWatch over a year ago. No display issues here.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I have since moved to apple watch. Been 2 years now and it still works fine. Mu old fitbit now laying in my drawer. Too bad. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yojana, I, too, am having a terrible time with my FitBit being too dim.  I can't read it when I'm outside -- which is often -- and inside I have to find a dark place to even detect the display at all.  Please, oh, please tele what I can do.  I've had my Fitbit for quite awhile and really find it helpful -- but help! it can't help me if I can't read it.  

Anne of AnnieGetYourFun  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Buy the Apple watch!!! The Garmin product sucks. You will never regret it.

D
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, you can’t see the screen in the light.   It is so dark.   Isn’t it something that can be done to brighten up the screen.

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

I had Alta, and then Alta HR for a couple of years ago, and I had no problem reading it outdoor at all! However I just missed the size and took it back after wearing Versa and Blaze, a few days back, and once I was out I thought the battery is of after years.

Back home I noticed the battery is ok, but it is too dim, even at home. So I think it is not dim problem with Alta since I didn't have problem with it previously, but rather "update" from FitBit and its policy to remove the older design from the market.

No wonder why they don't support old products anymore. And I hate this policy. I want my Alta to work as normal as it could, instead of just trough it away since the company wants.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This answer from Fitbit sucks…

Best Answer
0 Votes