Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR heart rate suddenly constantly high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Starting on Wednesday 6 January, my Alta HR has started to record my heart rate in the fat burn zone for more than 14 hours per day. This includes overnight whist I am sleeping. My usual resting heart rate is 50-54bpm but currently I am not reaching anything lower than 82bpm even whilst sleeping. In addition, I have done no exercise today, yet it says I have been active for 212 minutes and burned 3,632 calories and it is only 2:44pm. I think something is wrong with my fitbit. I have tried the following:

1. Turning off the HR function, syncing, then turning it back on and re-syncing my AltaHR (multiple times).

2. Turning off the HR function, syncing, then resetting my AltaHR, then turning HR back on.

3. Resetting my AltaHR (multiple times).

4. Charging to 100% then resetting my AltaHR.

5. Setting up my AltaHR as a 'new device'.

Is it possible that an update of the software may fix this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @CassiJ Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. 

There are some factors that can affect your Heart Rate: stress, alcohol or caffeine intake, or fever usually raise resting heart rate etc. While regular exercise or meditation can lower it. Air temperature and certain medications can also affect.

For more information, I would recommend visiting the following links: How do I track heart rate with my Fitbit device? and What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

Regarding your question, you can see the latest Firmware version for Fitbit devices here. If your device needs an update, please make sure to follow the steps from this help article: How do I update my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted if you have any questions. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply Wilson.

I appreciate you sending the firmware link. I have checked and my firmware is up to date. 

I am also well aware of the factors that can affect heart rate and none of these factors provide me with an answer as to why my fitbit is inaccurately reading my heart rate at such a constantly high rate. When I manually take my heart rate, it is sitting at approx. 40bpm less than what my fitbit is reading. This generic answer you provided me gives me no ability to troubleshoot this problem and thus is useless to me. If you have some advice on how to trouble shoot this problem then please reply. Otherwise, good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CassiJ It's great to see you around! Thank you for taking into consideration the information that was provided. 

Since this sounds a bit more serious. I’ve created a support case on your behalf. You should receive an email from Customer support. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you due to recent events affecting our operations. 

Have a nice day! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes