Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR is tracking too many steps while charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta HR is picking up steps when I’m not wearing it. I placed it on the charger, it was showing 9150 steps. When I removed it from the charger it was showing 15,000 steps! I tried restarting it but it still is tracking steps at a rate of almost 2 to 1

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @NGrant53. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Alta HR before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Remember that Fitbit devices count steps depending on the movement of your arms, for example when your Fitbit is close to a fan or in a night stand, or when you are driving. In these scenarios, your tracker counts steps due to the vibrations. I'd recommend taking a look at the article: How accurate are Fitbit devices? 

If you want to negate the extra steps, please see How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @NGrant53. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Alta HR before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Remember that Fitbit devices count steps depending on the movement of your arms, for example when your Fitbit is close to a fan or in a night stand, or when you are driving. In these scenarios, your tracker counts steps due to the vibrations. I'd recommend taking a look at the article: How accurate are Fitbit devices? 

If you want to negate the extra steps, please see How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes