Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR isn't tracking my calories accurately

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok- so I know that lots of things impact heart rate and will impact calories burned day to day (and I know trackers often over-estimate cal burned etc.)  BUT my problem is that I just got back into wearing my Alta HR.  On Fri AND on Sat it estimated calories burned as over 3000 a day (I am a larger weight) ...  but on Sun it was about 1000 LESS than that.  I did not 'work out' or do any extra activity on Fri/Sat compared to Sun.  So, trying to figure out what's causing.  

Only thing I did different prior to Sun was I actually wore the Alta to bed on Sat night into Sun morning and I usually don't.  But I don't think that did anything cuz it's a similar 'calories burned' on overnight hours on Sun than it was the previous two days.  

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @mochroi. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Alta HR. 

As a first approach, please keep in mind what @DramaQueenDiva has shared with you. Additionally, since you're back on wearing your Alta HR, I was wondering if you checked your settings to see if anything was changed? I'd check your personal information to see if your weight and height are properly set, it may worth the try. To update your profile, see How do I change the units of measurement in my Fitbit account?

Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR)—the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat)—and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. 

Your BMR is based on the physical data you entered in to your Fitbit account (height, weight, sex, and age) and accounts for at least half the calories you burn in a day.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Actually, it might have everything to do with the calorie difference.  It doesn't matter what we're doing, we're constantly burning calories....even when sleeping.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Hi there, @mochroi. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Alta HR. 

As a first approach, please keep in mind what @DramaQueenDiva has shared with you. Additionally, since you're back on wearing your Alta HR, I was wondering if you checked your settings to see if anything was changed? I'd check your personal information to see if your weight and height are properly set, it may worth the try. To update your profile, see How do I change the units of measurement in my Fitbit account?

Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR)—the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat)—and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. 

Your BMR is based on the physical data you entered in to your Fitbit account (height, weight, sex, and age) and accounts for at least half the calories you burn in a day.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes