Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not tracking sleep stages.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve read other posts. I too am not getting consistent readings of sleep stages. Yes the band is set properly on my wrist. Yes the HR is charged. Yes my heart rate tracks all night. Given everything I’ve read, could it be that Fitbit is having a software problem?  Any thoughts?  Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If the data wasnt collected, or the data collected was not enough to calculate sleep stages, then stages cant be suddenly created. It happens sometimes. I usually restart my tracker several times and see how it goes tonight, and it usually works fine.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
233 REPLIES 233

Hi there @eawinnyc. Good to see you in the FItbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having problems with your sleep not being recorded correctly.

Now, I'd like to know if you're getting simplified sleep patterns instead of getting Sleep Stages or you will not get any sleep record at all. Also, how often is this happening?

Currently, our team is aware of users having difficulties getting their sleep stages recorded and it seems it's not something just about the tracker or something just about the app but about the whole process of calculating sleep stages but they're working on getting this resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I'm not sure if you've already tried giving your Alta HR a restart. If not, you can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Hope this helps and if you need more help, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I’ve had my Fitbit Alta hr for about 6 weeks and it has also stopped tracking my sleep stages, only giving me simplified sleep data for the last 5 nights. I tried restarting which didn’t solve the problem. Nothing has changed with how I wear my Fitbit during sleep either and it is fully charged. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the quick response. 

I get the simplified sleep patterns. This happens a couple of days in a row. Then a night or two of sleep stages. And then back to simplified sleep patterns. This started at the beginning of July. Prior to July I had perfect recording of sleep stages every night. 

I have tried the reset previously. I will try again. Thank you. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. For the last 4 nights I have been receiving simplified sleep data. There has been no change to my sleeping position, environment or position of the band on my arm. I tried to restart my device yesterday & it made no difference. 

Is there a software issue or update required?

It appears that a few of us are experiencing this issue...

Best Answer

Hi

This has started last night for me.  Everything seems to be recording correctly, apart from sleep, all I get is the 'How did you sleep?' tile displayed.

Best Answer

A week later and my fitbit hr is still inconsistent night to night in showing sleep stages. More than a bit frustrating. Disappointed with this product.

Best Answer

Mine isn’t showing I slept at all! 4 nights in a row now. It’s fully charged. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem on my Alta HR. For about two weeks now I’ve been getting only simplified sleep details no matter how charged it is or the position/tightness on my wrist. Will rebooting it clear away all my progress on the app? 

Best Answer

Yes, try restarting it several times. You will not lose any data. It is like restarting a phone. Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My Alta HR did not track my sleep stages last night. I turned  the Bluetooth on and off, reset it, tried syncing it and still could not retrieve data. It happened one other time as well.  What causes this? Is the data lost? What can I when this happens. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the data wasnt collected, or the data collected was not enough to calculate sleep stages, then stages cant be suddenly created. It happens sometimes. I usually restart my tracker several times and see how it goes tonight, and it usually works fine.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
Hi

Thank you for your response. You were right. I had restarted yesterday and
last night I made sure my fitbit was tight enough on my wrist. Today I did
get a reading. Just glad it still works.

Happy Holidays!

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Hoping someone can please help.  I received a Fitbit Alta hr but it’s not recording ANY sleep  simple or otherwise whatsoever.  I’ve checked position and tightness of band etc and both are as instructed.  Is there a fix to this or do I have a faulty Fitbit? Thanks SarahK.

Best Answer
Hi Sarah
You can try to reset your fit by placing your tracker in a plugged in charger. Then push the small black button on the charger(located near the part plugged in) and push it three times within 5 seconds. If you feel it vibrate then it has reset. Put the tracker back on your wrist and sync it. If this does not work, I would suggest calling their help support. If they cannot help you then you probably have s faulty tracker and Fitbit should replace it.
I hope it works for you. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t see a button on my fitbit charger... trying to restart. Fitbit Alta hr

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried putting on charger tapping 3 times with in 4 seconds it vibrates but no logo comes up. Trying to reboot. Trying to get sleep stages only gives simply sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

The reset button is on the black part that attaches to the metal part you plug in.It's on the opposite side where your battery is charging. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Hi Rebecca45

If you are rebooting and the logo is not coming up even though it is vibrating and you are still getting just simple sleep then I would suggest contacting fitbit support on phone.Also, make sure you are not programming in when you go to sleep because that automatically will give you simple sleep and not the detailed version.

Best Answer
0 Votes