Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not tracking sleep stages.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve read other posts. I too am not getting consistent readings of sleep stages. Yes the band is set properly on my wrist. Yes the HR is charged. Yes my heart rate tracks all night. Given everything I’ve read, could it be that Fitbit is having a software problem?  Any thoughts?  Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
233 REPLIES 233
This is the first thing I've read here that I haven't tried. Thanks!

--
Rmcpha
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues since the first week in August. I'm getting simplified sleep data, detailed data only three times. Last night there was no recording at all. I've done the reset multiple times and make sure that it is charged. I would really like Fit Bit to solve this issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are not making the Alta model anymore. I guess the other models don’t have this issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted still nothing.  Also, my heart rate shows on my fitbit just not being recorded on my status.  This update is not very good.  help please

Best Answer
I gave up on my Alta And bought the Charge 3, still problems with sleep. Didn’t record any sleep last night

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I now have an Oura ring. Works fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem: alta HR not tracking sleep stages since July 29, 2020 (only simplified sleep record since then). Since Jan 5 2021 it’s not even tracking that. Now app is telling me I slept 3h when I went to bed at 11pm and woke up at 7am. I’ve tried rebooting tracker at least 3x, battery fully charged and wearing tracker correctly... did anything change on July 28,2020 to Fitbits software? All else is tracking correctly.

Best Answer
Definitely take this up with Customer service. I ended up switching to an Inspire but they helped pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I needed up upgrading and it’s working. Not sure if that has to do with
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the suggestion.... did you have to upgrade the fitbit app? Or
the actual fitbit alta HR?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up buying the Charge 3. Better but still not great

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Restarting didn't work for me. I also tried hitting the reset button on the charger cable, but that didn't matter either. 

Best Answer

I have used the Alta HR for years and I rely on the sleep tracking functionality daily. Four days ago, I was setting the sleep track as I did everyday before I went to bed. To my surprise, the sleep track disappeared! I tried everything in vain to get it back.I even called Fitbit help line, but the gentleman answered the phone said this is a sort of troubleshooting but he didn’t have a clue about what happened either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes