Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not tracking sleep stages.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve read other posts. I too am not getting consistent readings of sleep stages. Yes the band is set properly on my wrist. Yes the HR is charged. Yes my heart rate tracks all night. Given everything I’ve read, could it be that Fitbit is having a software problem?  Any thoughts?  Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
233 REPLIES 233

My Alta hr will not consistently track my sleep at night. I’m wearing it correctly, I have restarted it multiple times. It doesn’t track sleep stages consistently. It will occasionally at 4:00am track simplified sleep. I’ve been using it since 11/23/18 and it worked great until after the first of 2019. What else could be the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I had the same issue. Sometimes it would track correctly and sometimes it would only track part of the night's sleep. If you are reboting, and still having issues, I would suggest contacting Fitbit support on phone.Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ty for ur input. I was hoping not to have to call for support

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally understand how you feel. They have a whole series of steps for you to follow.I have to be honest, it's helpful for awhile but then the same thing seems to happen. I have always tracked my sleep, but when this kept happening periodically, I got so frustrated that I just take my fitbit off  now when I sleep. I think it just doesn't  record all the time. Maybe, it's just my particular tracker. It works well otherwise. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sleep for 8 hrs Alta hr says 1 hr 45 min

sleep shows just simply sleep chart. As much money u pay for u think it would work more then couple months. Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rosin321, the button should be on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. As shown in the image below: 

alta hr cable.PNG

Thank you for the information provided @Rebecca45@Cearll , could you please confirm if you were able to get the vibration when trying to restart the device?  Also, let me know if you're not getting sleep stages at all, or if this happened only for some days. Make sure to check the information provided in this article as well: Why don't I see sleep stages today? 

Thank you for all the help and information provided about this @JM914

Keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same!!!  It’s making me crazy!  It worked great for the first two weeks, now it looks like I don’t even sleep at all!  And this is the most important feature to me because I’m trying to track my sleep patterns for my neurologist.  So frustrated!!!

Best Answer

Hi

I know how frustrating that is. First, you should try to reboot your fitbit.Also make sure it's fitting your non dominant wrist correctly before you go to sleep. Sometimes, it's just a matter of how you are sleeping as to whether it is able to tract properly. If all else fails, trying calling Fitbit support. I have found them to be extremely patient and helpful.  Hope this helps.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Alta HR charger does not have a button to  to press three times in four seconds to reset it. I am having this problem as well, where my  sleep is not being tracked. How do I reset this Fitbit Alta HR so it will track my sleep properly?

Best Answer
0 Votes

i

HiFelice77

If you scroll up three message there is a picture of the charging cord. On one side of the black part close to the metal part that you plug in is a tiny circle. i know it's hard to find. Press that button in 3 times within 5 seconds. Also make sure you place the battery in the charger correctly. You should feel a vibration if it is placed correctly. Hope this works for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my goodness...I was looking on the actual charger not the actual usb connector . Thank you .

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad my post was helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The button is kind of hidden. It is actually on the part that goes into the wall adaptor on the top of the cord. It is black like the rest of it so it is kind of hard to see and you probably just never noticed it before. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Almost_Alice, @JM914@Felice77@spokanemichael, and welcome to the new users in the Community forums. Sorry for the late reply. 

I'm sorry to see that you've been having the same problem with the sleep not being tracked properly @Almost_Alice, could you please confirm if you're still having this same problem? In the meantime, make sure that you've tried to restart your device, and that you've checked the information mentioned here on why you may not get the sleep stages information sometimes. 

Thank you for all your help with this @JM914

It's good to know that you've found the button in the charger, thank you for confirming this @Felice77 and @spokanemichael.   

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and product support sounds like they are trying to help me but have no answer as to why it worked perfectly and then quit.  they tell me to download windows10 for the fitbit but I cannot find it and they say they cannot help me until I can show an error message and I will see that only on the windows 10 so they are not helping me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi gerene

I know it's frustrating when your tracker is not working properly. I even reached the point where I stopped wearing it for awhile. I am now back on the saddle wearing it again with no issues. I really don't know why it works sometimes and not other. I've been on a good stretch with it now. My own very unscientific explanation is that it's just a quirk of technology. If you have rebooted and followed all the steps , your tracker should work. In all the times I called support no one ever said anything to me about Windows 10. Also make sure you are wearing your fitbit in your non dominate hand and make sure it is tight enough (without cutting off your circulation)  Another point to consider is that sometimes while you are asleep, your hand may be in a position that is not conducive to tracking. 

Although I am not offering any new insights, I hope somehow your tracker starts to work. Good luck and please keep me posted.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Alta HR has not recorded sleep stages for 4 nights.  Two of the nights I had to manually enter in sleep times so it recorded nothing.  I am wearing on the same wrist and same tightness and sleep the same way I have for months when it did record sleep stages.  I have restarted multiple times.  I contacted Chat yesterday and after 10 minutes it was suggested I restart and there seemed to be no acknowledgment that ANYONE else had had the same problem.  It was a total waste of time as no new insight offered.  It is obviously a consistent problem.  Is it a software glitch?  Any other suggestions to get sleep stages to begin recording again?  One of the main reasons I got the Alta HR upgrading from a ONE was to get sleep stages.  Please help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up and got a new fitbit alta hr because the pixels were not showing up and the sleep was not being recorded.  Well, the new one, from the beginning is not recording sleep consistently.  It has never shown a whole night.   I am discouraged but i count on it for my steps so guess I am stuck with just that.  Disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI Gerene

I can't believe that your new fitbit is not working consistently.  That is really strange that it's not working from the beginning. You paid for that feature so it should work, atleast most of the time. Have you ever called fitbit support? They can be very helpful. If all fails,you may even have to call customer support and get another new one.  Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mimi2JKE

I know how frustrated you feel because that is exactly how i used to feel when my sleep was not recorded properly. If you manually plug in your sleep times, you will not get the sleep stages or complete breakdown.When you reboot, and press the button 3 times in 5 seconds you should feel the vibration on your fitbit with each press. I f you are still have problems I would suggest calling fitbit support on the phone. I have found them to be extremely helpful. Finally if you do manage to get your sleep recorded most of the time, chalk off the times it misses as a tech glitch.Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes