Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not tracking sleep stages.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve read other posts. I too am not getting consistent readings of sleep stages. Yes the band is set properly on my wrist. Yes the HR is charged. Yes my heart rate tracks all night. Given everything I’ve read, could it be that Fitbit is having a software problem?  Any thoughts?  Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
233 REPLIES 233
It was a new Fitbit but it was year old but a new problem developed where the thing kept dying and would not reset. Fitbit sent me a new one under warranty though. Overall Fitbit is a great product my wife and I've been through 5 Fitbit upgrades over the years. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue, this definitely seems like a software glitch or a problem with the device itself after a period of time. I have rebooted my Alta HR 4xs and still it does not record sleep stages which is the reason I bought this version of Fitbit. 

Best Answer
I gave up and bought another alta hr because the pixels were not showing so I could not read the info and besides the sleep stages were not working. My new one has never tracked the sleep accurately so I am disappointed. I will let them know again. Good luck, not a lot of help fro fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact Fitbit customer support phone number or do online chat. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Alta HR for one month it tracked my sleep for three weeks and suddenly this week it’s not tracking sleep at all.  I did re-boot it  yesterday and still it’s not tracking sleep at all. I know it is correctly positioned on my wrist and the heart rate monitor is working,  any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Hera 525

When you rebooted, did you feel the vibration each time you clicked? If you did, and you are still having issues, I would suggest calling Fitbit support. I have found them to be extremely helpful and patient.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I rebooted it again and this time it worked. My sleep pattern was recorded for last night and the whole week as well.
Thank you for your help

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your solution - i.e. not working, we are working on it - was posted a year ago.  Has any resolution been found? 

Rhonda

Best Answer
0 Votes
Even when I restart my Fitbit it doesn’t track my sleep stages consistently. I’ve also made sure it’s on my wrist correctly with no avail.

Cearll
Best Answer
0 Votes
My post was three weeks ago someone sent me an email solution that worked.
Thanks Rhonda for getting back to me

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
What was the solution?
Best Answer
0 Votes

On mine, I had my Alta HR for two years and loved it! It just worked with downloads, sleep, etc. Basically when it started stopping the sleep stages, I rebooted it a couple of times and then it died completely. I ended up getting the Charge 3 version from Costco and really have not liked it nearly as much as the alta HR. It is wider and just does not seem as reactive as the Alta HR. In hindsight, I probably would have purchased another Alta HR rather than this version. Live and Learn!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
JM914 asked if I felt a vibration when I rebooted, I didn’t.
I rebooted it again, felt the vibration and it worked.
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Hera

So glad that worked for you. It's a matter of how you place the battery in the charger. Hope this help others as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same problem and was basically told by fitbit to suck it up.I got the fitbit for the sleep stages and am very disappointed.I wonder how long they will be "working on it". Would a new fit bit work?

Very very disappointed in the product and company.

Best Answer
0 Votes

didnt work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I know it's very frustrating when the sleep tracker does not work. Try once more to go through each step. When you reboot, make sure to line up your battery three dots directly on the charger's two metal tiny prongs. You should feel a vibration. Press the black button (very small) located in the black part near the metal part which you plug in. Push button 3 times in 5 seconds, making such you feel the vibration each time. When you go to sleep, make sure you are wearing your fitbit on non dominant hand. That should work. Sometimes it's possible it doesn't work because of a position you may be sleeping in. If this doesn't work try calling fitbit support by phone. They should be helpful. If all fails, them you may have a faulty fitbit and should contact customer service and have them replace it if possible. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done this several times.  And have talked to fitbit support. 
Very frustrating.

Rhonda
Best Answer
0 Votes
Basically they said they are aware of the problem and are working on it,
which to me means suck it up.

--
a Waller
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi JM914,
Took your advice and called Fitbit support. Spoke with a really helpful agent and he was able to refresh my device so that the days this week that were missing of my sleep cycle were all recorded and now visible. Thanks for your good advice to call.
Hera525

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes