Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a new alta hr. It is doing absolutely nothing. I have tried many times to turn on and nothing is happening. I have tried to put on charge and can't get anything to happen. Bluetooth  won't do anything cause it will not turn on. Should there be any battery charge at all to show that it should turn on. When I put on charge It doesn't  show any lights or the vibrate that it says it should do. What should I do? I have tapped and nothing happens, I have tried to charge and no sign at all that it's charging. Have checked connection to make sure pins are touching and they are.  Thank you for any advice. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

@Dansmama3  Sorry to hear you are having some difficulties.  Here is a link to the user guide in case you haven't seen it.  It walks you through the set up process and all.

Maybe that will help you get it set up~

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dansmama3 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Are you still experiencing this issue?

If it is not showing anything on its display when you plug it in to the charging cable; I recommend performing a restart on your Alta HR. That should certainly help fixing this issue. You can try this a couple of times.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Just received a new Alta HR and cannot get it to turn on or synch.  It is fully charged and the screen displays only "www.fitbit.com/setup".  No matter how many times I tap it, that's all I get.  With that on the screen it will not synch to my iPhone.  I believe when it is on, it should say "HR".  I have tried restarting the device with the USB button multiple times.  Is the device defective...as I am about to return it?

Best Answer

@RCT2  Your Alta hasnt finished setting up so you cant get started yet. Have a read of this Help Article. Let us know how you go.

Troubleshooting Setup

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@RCT2 Welcome to the Fitbit family! I see that @NellyG provided a link with some troubleshooting steps you can try to get your Alta HR to set up with your iPhone. I just want to make sure that you have tried them already and want to know if you still need help with this? 

What iPhone do you have? Is it under the list of supported devices

You can also try setting it up using a computer if needed. 

Please keep us posted so we can keep helping you out! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I'm having this problem - did you manage to solve it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I should have thanked Nelly earlier for her response and help.  I followed the link that Nelly provided and was able to set it up with no problem.  HOWEVER, I needed to delete and reinstall the app on my iPhone first.  I think once you are unsuccessful setting it up, the iPhone app has problems, so best to start clean.  Hope that helps.

Best Answer
Thanks for your response. Had tried deleting app & every other trouble
shoot but customer service think there may be an issue of connectivity so
am, sadly, sending it back for a replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having a similar problem but verifying my email through Fitbit's email actually fixed it for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the link please? I'm having exactly the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you wantbthe link to Customer Support? (If it is another link let me know what it is you need)

Contact Support

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Just purchased my Alta HR and it's faulty out of the box. Looks like hundreds of others are having issues with it dying. Restarting only helps for a little bit.

Hey folks, Google "Alta hr keeps dying" or something similar and you'll find a bunch of open cases that are not solved.

Telling people to restart the device is not a solution.

Fitbit Alta HR, Gunmetal Series, purchased October 2017

Best Answer

Charging usb cable dosnt have a reset button on it

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Williamfitch3 If there is no button itis probably not a genuine Fitbit cable. But look closely at the black plastic on the USB end - that is where it should be.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

My charging cable doesn’t have the restart button. Is there a way to get the correct cable without sending the whole thing back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to contact Support if fitbit supplied a charger without a button. Usually the cables without buttons are third party ones, not supplied by Fitbit. But if you have a genuine fitbit one with no button you need to talk to fitbit. Support link in my signature 

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  It’s been charging for about 6 hours.

Any solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then trybthe restart suggeztion above and if that doesnt work contact Support (link in my signature )

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hi @NellyG, my Fitbit Alta HR is dead out of the box. I Unboxed it, plugged it & nothing! Black screen no matter how many chargers I used (including Mac laptop). I tried the reset button & still nothing. No light, no vibration no nothing!

worst part is that I got it as a farewell gift as I left a country (S.korea)& now unboxed it in my new country half way across the world (Netherlands). Not even sure if the warranty will hold or where to take it. Is this problem solvable or do I have to spend time looking for Fitbit stores?!

Best Answer