Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a new alta hr. It is doing absolutely nothing. I have tried many times to turn on and nothing is happening. I have tried to put on charge and can't get anything to happen. Bluetooth  won't do anything cause it will not turn on. Should there be any battery charge at all to show that it should turn on. When I put on charge It doesn't  show any lights or the vibrate that it says it should do. What should I do? I have tapped and nothing happens, I have tried to charge and no sign at all that it's charging. Have checked connection to make sure pins are touching and they are.  Thank you for any advice. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

You will need to contact FitbitnSupport. They usually handle gifts received really well (even without a receipt), so contact them. Link for support in my signature.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I need to reset my Fitbit Alta hr, I can't press the cable button as there isn't one. My friends don't have a button either! What do I do?! It's only 2 months old and isn't doing anything. No lights, no vibrations, isn't responding. It's 75% charged so I know the battery isn't dead. HELP. I paid a lot of money for this and I can't use it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The button for the restart is on the plastic housing on the USB end of the cable. Have a good look there - it is not that easy to spot as it is the same colour an as the housing. The button  is about 1/4"  across. If there really isnt a button on your cable and it is an original fitbit cable then you will need to contact Support (link in my signature). Let us know how you go 

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I found it. However it lasts an hour then dies again 😭😭
Best Answer
0 Votes

Restart it several times in a row. If it is still dying, let it run flat and leave it dead for a few hours then fully recharge it. If it is still dying you will need to contact Support (link in my signature )

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I need to know if my Alta is not working because of the operating system on my phone? How can I get this information?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is a link to the Supported Devices list. The information you need should be there.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I got a new Fitbit Alta HR and it will not set up. I have downloaded the Fitbit app twice and also tried the Fibit.com/setup. I have restarted it using the methods explained in other message responses.  It shows the "Fitbit.com/setup" on the fitbit itself and when I go to the app and click the + Set up a device tap Alta HR; set up your fitbit alta hr; tap I accept terms; tap next; tell me to power up; (done last night) scans; askes if the power is on  says try again.

Need help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try THIS Help Article on set up problems. If nothing helps you will need to contact Support (link in my signature). By the way, what phone are you using? It may be a compatability issue.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me and it doesn't work. I tried on a variety of computers and lots of usb ports. Pressed so the reset buttons so many times that I stopped counting. I have also wiped the charging pins and port with rubbing alcohol to clean them. Nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Eventually I contacted them on facebook page and they sent me a new one. Try it...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I contacted them and they sent a new charging cable via overnight shipping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone! Good to see you in the Community Forums! A warm welcome to the new ones!

@Vroooommin I'm sorry to hear that you're not being able to set up your tracker. Thanks for all you've tried so far. I'd like to help you out.

Have you made sure that the phone that you're using is a compatible device for syncing? If you're not sure, you can let us know which phone you're using and you can also check the list here.

@Chadioz @rainier70 I'm happy to hear that our Support Team was able to help you out with this. Hopefully we can have you back on track soon!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, yes I tried all of the steps provided as well as check to make sure
that my Samsung Galaxy S7 was compatible. It is updated to 10 .1. At this
point nothing is working still
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Vroooommin and thanks a lot for confirming the phone that you're using and what you've tried.

Now, there are a few things I can suggest. Since I'm not sure what exactly you've tried already, I'll just list them here.

-Give your Alta HR a restart.You can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

-Make sure you're on the latest version of the Fitbit app and the latest version on the OS of your compatible mobile device.

-If you're still having problems, you can try to remove your tracker from the Bluetooth devices. For this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device". Then, proceed to set up your tracker as a new device.

-For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Hope this helps. Please, let me know if you still need more help after this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I have the same issue

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. What do I do?

Best Answer

How to turn on alta hr?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try what @FerdinandFitbit suggest above and restart your Alta HR. If that doesnt fix it you will need to return it tonthe store it was bought or contact Support (link in my signature)

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Still unable to do the factory reset process laid out in this response all-time receiving is a www.fitbit.com setup.  The fitbit Alta HR eill not turn on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes