Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR screen is too dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a setting to increase brightness ? I am not able to read the strps. Thank you for any help

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @mkgeetha  the Alta HR was discontinued over two years ago and there is nothing you can do to brighten the screen. When mine got too dim, I got the Luxe. The screen is much brighter and the font is larger. Sorry there is no answer for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

For the price I paid for the Alta HR...the watch stops working and there is no fix for It?  I will NOT be buyIng another Fitbit device EVER. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Dogmusher  how long have you had it? Since it was discontinued a few years back, it's getting old.

Best Answer

You can adjust settings through the app...including brightness.   Also, if you havent done an update in while, you might try that doing that from the app also.  (Not update the app...,update alta FROM the app).

Best Answer

Three years is old?  HAHA. I have had had watches for decades that cost less than this piece of junk did.  Bottom line. I will NOT buy another Fitbit device. But thank you for your opinion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for replying. However my app is up to date, and there is no way to adjust brightness in the Alta HR app that I can find. If you know a way to do that I would love to know!

Otherwise, this watch is going in the trash tomorrow and I am buying a watch with a better warranty and better longevity.  Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Merrykay  I had the Alta HR and there was no way to increase the brightness level of the device from the app or the device itself. You have an Alta HR currently?

@Dogmusher to be sure I'm right on the lack of brightness adjustment, I've asked a Fitbit Moderator to stop by to address this.

Best Answer

Thanks so very much. The screen is completely black now. It has been fading for several weeks, and a few days ago it went completely dark. It shows that it is charged, it also says it is synced but there are no updates for several days to my data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok. Let me try. Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes