Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR showing K instead of Steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Brand New Alta HR and it will not show steps in the display.  Instead it reads K.  My profile is setup correctly and I know it is syncing with my app.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Trinityfarm This is a common complaint with new Alta owners. When you are using a vertical clockface (the default face is vertical), there is not enough room for the display to show the whole step count so it is rounded to the nearest thousand steps and displays as 4k - meaning 4000 steps. If you want to see the exact number of steps you need to change to a horizontal clock face  in the App. Enjoy your new Alta HR

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Trinityfarm This is a common complaint with new Alta owners. When you are using a vertical clockface (the default face is vertical), there is not enough room for the display to show the whole step count so it is rounded to the nearest thousand steps and displays as 4k - meaning 4000 steps. If you want to see the exact number of steps you need to change to a horizontal clock face  in the App. Enjoy your new Alta HR

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much. I changed to horizontal and it worked !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You are correct!   Thank you.  I changed the clock face to horizontal and it now reads steps.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Trinityfarm   I want to share some important information about your new Alta HR

• The Alta HR was released in 2017 and discontinued in 2019.  Rechargeable batteries degrade over time, even when they are kept in storage and if they have never been used.  You probably won't get the advertised battery life that's on the box.  There are posts in this forum from users whose "new" Alta HR batteries were dead and wouldn't hold a charge at all.
  • Your Fitbit has the firmware from when it was manufactured.  Fitbit updated the firmware after release.  There are also posts from users who say there is an update available, but the device won't update.  It's possible that Fitbit removed these updates.  I asked Fitbit for clarification on this, but haven't received a response.
Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes