Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR showing too many calories burned

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, can someone help me make sense of this: 

fitbit says that on a day i burnt 2717kcal with 11229 Steps.

my BMR =1365kcal, 1000 steps burn avg 45kcal /11229steps burn 505kcal

Therefore 2717-1365 -505 =807kcal 

Is my fitbit counting on that day 807 kcal burnt too many ? 

It is the same every day: 4636 steps would burn 2335 kcal (Incl. BMR) etc... 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Alysblue, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks a lot for all this information. It does seem that the way it's counting your calories burned is not accurate. I can recommend giving your tracker a restart and see if that helps.

You can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hey there @Alysblue, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks a lot for all this information. It does seem that the way it's counting your calories burned is not accurate. I can recommend giving your tracker a restart and see if that helps.

You can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thank  you, will try 

Best Answer

Did resetting your Fitbit work for you? It seems that I'm having the same problem myself & I need answers 😞 So what's happened with yours so far...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, it's still showing me as having over 5000 calories burned by 11:59 pm when it's only 9:30pm.  I'm not sure if this means my device is failing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay.  Turns out that I was sitting on the couch petting the cat.  With my dominant hand, of course, and the fitbit was on that wrist.  SO..it was counting that.

Best Answer