Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR stuck on setup screen www.fitbit.com/setup even after bluetooth sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good morning,

I have just taken out the Alta HR and I am encountering exactly the same problem with the display of the same message:
www.fitbit.com/setup then V6.40.03

First, please check the settings below (before continuing with the troubleshooting steps):

The latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your mobile phone. (You can do this from the Android or iOS store - Play Store or App Store).
Your mobile phone's operating system is up to date. To check, tap Settings > System > About phone (or about device) > Software update
Your cell phone's Bluetooth is turned on

Re-configure your Fitbit device, following the instructions below:

Turn off the Bluetooth feature on the rest of your electronic devices
Force stop the Fitbit app (the button on the charging wire)
Disconnect the watch from the phone's Bluetooth and then turn off the phone's Bluetooth entirely
Uninstall the Fitbit app
Turn off your cell phone
Turn off and restart your Fitbit device following the instructions in How to restart my Fitbit device (replace a device)
Turn your cell phone back on
Reinstall the Fitbit app
Re-enable the phone's Bluetooth
In the Fitbit app dashboard on your phone, tap or click the Account icon
Select Set up device.
Choose the template and follow the on-screen instructions to continue. (The app will ask you to replace your Fitbit device)

I followed the entire range with perhaps difficulty completing the step Turn off then restart your Fitbit device following the instructions in the article How to restart my Fitbit device

because I press the cable button for 3 times but I loop on the battery icon then the message www.fitbit.com/setup

What is most frustrating is that the Fitbit app then recognizes the watch, asks me for the 4-digit code displayed on the phone and displays all the configuration steps then offers an update which is done in 5 seconds but the watch still displays the same message: www.fitbit.com/setup
And then it says update required "update the electronic coach", I accept, load and I return to the "update the electronic coach" screen after 2 seconds the "update" message. ..

Alta hr is recognized as altom for bluettoth paring

So my alta hr is also visible as synchronized device on Fitbit app but nothing more on the screen of the alta

Note that adding the watch to the Fitbit app works on an iPhone or android

If anyone has an idea I'm interested

THANKS

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Since yesterday evening impossible to charge my HR, try to let it charge all night and also with different usb port on my computer : nothing

Try to clean it but nothing is working.

It is dead ?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

i am also facing the above same issue not able to update the firmware of the fitness Alta HR band. If anyone knows how to resolve the issue please let us know.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

My mom got an Alta HR for Christmas and I have the same issue. I have tried the steps above with no success. This thing will be going back to the store.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@XTCRyder that seems like a wise choice. The Alta HR was discontinued in March 2019. Even though that device is new to you and your mom, it was probably manufactured at least five years ago. That's a long time for an electronic device and, as I'm sure you know, rechargeable batteries do have a shelf life. 

The Alta HR was replaced with the Inspire series. The newest of those is the Inspire 3. Your mom might be happier with that model. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes