Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR won’t connect to Bluetooth - Tried all the steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything I can think of. I’ve restarted the app, logged out and logged in, deleted and re-downloaded the app, restarted and updated my phone, made sure the app was up to date, turned my Bluetooth on and off, and force quit the app. My Fitbit isn’t even coming up as an option to connect. It has randomly said “connected” a couple times but there’s no little “i” next to it like there should be, and if I close the settings app and reopen it, it’s gone. I have an iPhone 7 Plus so I’m not sure if my phone is just old at this point, but it has the newest software update. I’ve never had a problem connecting my Fitbit  to Bluetooth before until the last 2 days. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
My problem is now fixed.
This is what I did:
1. In fitbit app, remove device from account.
2. In Settings, Bluetooth, forget device.
3. In fitbit app, add device.
This took a couple of tries. Not sure if this is a fix or not. Perhaps
Fitbit fixed the problem in the meantime? 🤔

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

I have the same problem also. Fitbit must have a problem with their app or they are trying to push people to buy a new fitbit by stopping it from connecting.

Best Answer

I have the same problem too. Started a couple of days ago. Fitbit pls fix this

Best Answer

It's been about 4 days that I've had this problem.  I've cleaned the contacts, updated app, updated phone, turned everything off/on a hundred times, still doesn't work!!!  If I have to buy a new health tracking device it sure won't be a fitbit brand.

Best Answer

After cleaning the contacts on the device and the connecting cord with an alcohol wipe, turning off bluetooth, updating software on my phone, turning bluetooth back on, clicking on reset button 3 times fast, 3 times in a row, and clicking my heels while singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow, the d**n thing finally did a sync and is working again.

I think it was the singing that did the trick ;O

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great news for you. What reset button are you referring to?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who has been having this problem. It’s good to know it’s not a glitch with just my phone or Fitbit device. Hopefully Fitbit will fix the issue soon. 

Best Answer

I didn’t try triple clicking the rest button. I’ll have to see if it works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reset button on the connection cord. On my cord it's actually on the side of the USB.  It's very small and hard to feel.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read about the quick triple clicking on some other board. The person said they did it the quick triple click 2 or 3 times before it worked for them so I figured it was worth a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Weirdly my Alta will only sync between 8&9am then crashes for rest of day. Have tried all the fixes to no avail. I too have an Old iPhone but don’t think that’s the problem as app keeps giving message that they are overrun With service calls and we should come here. All that does is tick people off more as nothing is working. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
My problem is now fixed.
This is what I did:
1. In fitbit app, remove device from account.
2. In Settings, Bluetooth, forget device.
3. In fitbit app, add device.
This took a couple of tries. Not sure if this is a fix or not. Perhaps
Fitbit fixed the problem in the meantime? 🤔
Best Answer

None of these fixes work for me. My alta HR has been rendered worthless. I am now going to buy a polar watch instead. This is not how you create loyal customers fitbit. Breaking old fitbits to push people to buy new ones is evil.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  Yesterday, turning my phone on and off fix it- temporarily. Today I went through the gambit of “fixes”.  What finally did the trick was when I went into the setting on my iPhone, blue tooth, selected forget this device, then added it back.  Not sure if this will be a permanent fix! Very frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is how I fixed it, but the problem reappeared again a few days later.
I am not on Fitbit Premium and I wonder if this happens with Premium. It
may be a nasty ploy to force us to Premium!!
Best Answer

I got mine to work!! I had to remove my device from the Fitbit app and set it up again. It paired to Bluetooth right away and I haven't had a problem since! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope that your Alta HR is still working for you!  As you can tell, lots of us have not been as fortunate.  I just read that Google is purchasing Fitbit and although Fitbit representatives will deny this, there may be a chance this product is being phased out.

Best Answer

Having all the same issues. Stopped syncing on july 28th. My phone pairs to it, but the app doesnt even try to pick it up. 

Best Answer

My experience exactly. No constructive help from Fitbit. I found that the best place for my Alta HR was the rubbish bin

Best Answer
0 Votes