Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR won't hold it's charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit is a year old it used to last 5 /6 day before the battery needed charging now I have to charge it daily I have to carry the charger with me. I don't have it set to sync constantly all day. I dont receive messages or phone calls.  I only use it to s

Track sleep and steps!

There is no reason for the battery to drain so fast. 

I have followed some tips on here master reset a hard reset charging via laptop ect nothing has worked. 

It there any way to obtain a new battery? Seems exstreme for a year old Fitbit!

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

I am having the same issue. Should the green light on the back be on all the time?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with a 6-month old Alta.

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. Mine is about 1 year 1/2 old. It just started losing the charge last week.  Now it won’t turn on. Theses things aren’t cheap. 

Best Answer

1 year old and mines do the same thing! Really disappointed. Too expensive for the issue it's having. 

Best Answer

Hello @Louiy, it's good to see you participating in the Community forums. Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Megaust , @Lacewing , @Phillyfan064 and @TMAG ! I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@Louiy thanks for the detailed explanation about your device’s battery not holding a charge. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. You're in good hands now! Please keep working with them as they will do their best to help you. 

@Megaust thank you for sharing your experience. To preserve battery life on your device, you can turn off heart-rate tracking, but the LEDs on the back of your device will continue to flash. For more information on how to turn off heart rate setting, please see hereI could see that you got in touch with our Support team about this and that they were able to help you. 

@Lacewing thanks for joining the conversation. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. Please keep working with them if the issue persists. 

@Phillyfan064 thank you for providing the details of your device’s behavior. I recommend following the troubleshooting steps including restart from this help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? If you're able to turn on your tracker, please check these tips for preventing battery drain as battery use is affected by various factors and settings. 

@TMAG I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I am here to help you. Have you checked our tips to prevent battery drain at Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? 

Please keep me posted.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive had mine for about a month, maybe little more. First couple of weeks it held charge for about 5-6 days. Ive turned off notifications, except calls and text, but i dont receive that many. Turned of heart rate monitor. Turned off quick view, reset it. Nothing helps, its lasting less then 3 hrs. Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Fosterh32 . 

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with your Fitbit Alta HR not holding a charge. I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue by following the troubleshooting tips. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've sent your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine had the same issue after only 4 months. Same settings as you describe. After almost a month off”troubleshooting” with customer service (literally”), they finally declared that mine had a defective battery and sent me a new one. 4 months later, I am the exact same issue again! And I really love my Fitbit ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Nodramabamagirl . 

I am glad to hear you love your Fitbit. I am sorry that you are going through this situation with your replacement tracker. I totally understand how you are feeling and I am here to help you. I would like to confirm if you've tried the following tips to prevent battery drain: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life?

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same exact issue as everyone else, it won't turn on and it's not syncing when it does, this has been going on for three days and I've done all of the restart steps. These are far too expensive to die after a year of use or less, not to mention this is my 3rd replacement fitbit. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue for the last two weeks.  I fully charge it and it only lasts for about 45 minutes.  I have reset it, but that didn't seem to solve the problem.  Mine is less that a year old.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @unbreakableburr and @ecs116.

@unbreakableburr thank you for joining the conversation and sharing your experience. I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue and your feedback. 

Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, please keep working with them.

@ecs116 I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue by restarting your device. Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further. You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So a little update for you all. 

I received a replacement pebble ! 

It wouldn't turn on !! Had to send it back......... I'm still waiting for them to send another one ............ meant to be arriving on 3 June so that will me 24 says with no fit bit 😰

Best Answer
0 Votes

Little update 2nd of June still no working Fitbit.  

They sent me a replacement on 15th may it didn't work. Sent it back waiting for them to send another . It's due to arrive tomorrow ! That will be 24 days with no fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all the tips on charging, resetting and it looks like this is over for my fitbit. Unless you have something else? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Louiy and @TMAG, it's nice to see you around.

@Louiy thank you for the updates. I am sorry to hear your replacement tracker wouldn't turn on and you're waiting now for another one. I totally understand how you are feeling and hope your new replacement will work without any issues so you could continue working on your goals. 

@TMAG thank you for your troubleshooting efforts. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure suggesting people turn off the features they bought the device for is really the best suggestion to the battery life issue. Yes if you turn off the heart rate monitoring the battery will last longer, but then why buy an HR version?  

Best Answer

I have the same issue. I am having to charge every 12hours or so, this is frustrating and I was wondering is there a fix? Thanks 

Best Answer