Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR won't track my steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I'm having problems with recording the right information, specially my steps.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @RetireeBug. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums. 

While reading your post, I was wondering if you have MobileTrack linked to your Fitbit account? If so, please note low-power step sensors inside your phone track your steps and send the data to the Fitbit app. We recommend using MobileTrack if you forget your Fitbit device at home.

Note that adding more than one Fitbit device to your account gives you the convenience of switching between devices while still seeing a holistic view of your daily activity on your dashboard.

On a side note, please know that since you're an Android user you can't use MobileTrack in addition to a Fitbit device. For more information about MobileTrack, see How do I use Fitbit MobileTrack?

If you have MobileTrack linked to your Fitbit account you'll need to remove it in order to set up the Fitbit device and get back on track. For instructions, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @RetireeBug. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums. 

While reading your post, I was wondering if you have MobileTrack linked to your Fitbit account? If so, please note low-power step sensors inside your phone track your steps and send the data to the Fitbit app. We recommend using MobileTrack if you forget your Fitbit device at home.

Note that adding more than one Fitbit device to your account gives you the convenience of switching between devices while still seeing a holistic view of your daily activity on your dashboard.

On a side note, please know that since you're an Android user you can't use MobileTrack in addition to a Fitbit device. For more information about MobileTrack, see How do I use Fitbit MobileTrack?

If you have MobileTrack linked to your Fitbit account you'll need to remove it in order to set up the Fitbit device and get back on track. For instructions, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes