Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR won't work unless it's connected to the charger

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into my computer. Then I see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, which means the tracker has restarted. Finally I unplug my tracker from the charging cable and it goes completely dead.  HELP!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @lamelita75 If the restarts you are doing are not reviving your Alta HR then sadly it is dying and there is nothing you can do. Sorry.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @lamelita75 If the restarts you are doing are not reviving your Alta HR then sadly it is dying and there is nothing you can do. Sorry.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @lamelita75. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Alta HR before reaching out. @NellyG Thanks for your help!

As a first approach, please confirm that you've restarted your Fitbit device as suggested here

If the issue persists, please see Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am currently having this same problem with my Alta. I have tried the restart as well by clicking three times. Nothing is working

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tysam23 and welcome to the Community.  I looked at your public profile and can see that you are a new user.  The Alta was first released in 2016 and discontinued in 2018.  Rechargeable batteries degrade, even when they aren't used.  Even if sealed in an original package.  I believe you have a dead battery.  I also unchecked that Best Answer and updated it to the correct answer.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Identical problem occured yesterday as described by lamelita75 and Tysam23. Went through same restart steps. Nothing.  Apparently my Fitbit has died.  Since I sync on laptop and all new Fitbit devices require syncing on tablet or smartphone, I'm now a former Fitbit user since I have neither and have no plans to buy. I enjoyed my Alta HR for almost 5 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes