Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Won't Sync to iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I am looking for help syncing to my iPhone. The Bluetooth searches and cannot find the Alta. I have reset the Alta, deleted the Fitbit app and reloaded it, turned Bluetooth off and on and restarted my phone as advised on the message board and nothing works. It does sync to my iPad but it takes about 10 mins to sync. I am very frustrated. Any advice is appreciated.
Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

I can not figure out how to sync the alta to my Samsung.  I am getting extremely frustrated

Best Answer

I had the same problem with syncing my alta to my samsung galaxy s7. I did an upgrade from my flex to alta. It wouldn't sync on my phone while the flex and alta was in the same house. I was passing down the flex to my sister anyways so once I left her house I was able to connect the alta to my phone. Right now the only other issue that I am having is the sync with the text messages and phone calls are not coming through yet. I'm thinking its because they are both so new and not yet compatible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just kidding. Everything is working now. I just had to go in and manually turn on the text and calls notifications. I love my Alta!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine connected this morning and four hours later will not connect to Bluetooth again.
Best Answer

@Amontry  Make sure your Alta isn't trying to connect to both devices at the same time.  They can only connect to one device.  (If it is connected to your iPad, it won't connect to IPhone until you turn off Bluetooth on the iPad and vice versa)

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
Thank you, I did that and I am even out if the house and away from the iPad and it will not connect to my phone. I will probably send it back and go back to my Flex. I've spent too much time over the last two days trying to make it work.
Best Answer
I was told to plug in the charger, hit the button on the charger three times in 8 seconds. That resets the app and the updat stated and the Bluetooth finally synced. Still not getting text and calls though.
Best Answer
Seriously? My flex would connect to both iphone and ipad at same time but you're saying Alta can't?
Best Answer
I had the Fitbit app on 2 different iPhones. As soon as I deleted the app from one phone, I was able to sync with the Alta.
Best Answer

How did you manually go in and make it receive text and calls?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Will it seriously not synchronize to both iPhone and iPad? The flex would.
Best Answer
0 Votes

how do you manually do this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey hey hey, thanks for stopping by Smiley Happy. You can find some troubleshoot steps to sync your Alta with your iOS device and with your Android device on @SunsetRunner posts.

Also, you can sync with your iPhone and with your iPad, what you can't do is try to sync with both devices at the same time. 

Samsung Galaxy S7 isn't a compatible device yet but our engineers work to add more compatible devices periodically. 

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Answer

I know this is late but just in case someone new is having issues. I had my fitbit alta for 3 months suddenly it wouldn't sync. I had tried everything from restarting to deleting app and reinstalling etc. couldn't sync for 14 days. I let my fitbit fully charge and then tried resyncing and magic! IDK if it will work for you but try fully charging.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community and thank you for your advise @NKGME

Sometimes you just need to fully charge your device in order to make it sync again Robot LOL.

Keep participating in the forums and you can also check out our Discussion boards.

Best Answer

Thanks for this, it worked!  My Alta was also connected to my ipad.  As soon as I unpaired it with ipad it synced immediately with my iphone.  It won't sync to more than one device at a time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @rudysmom! I'm so glad to hear that you're back on track and are able to sync your Alta. 

I also would like to encourage you to spend a good time sharing your experiences with other friends in our Discussions board. I'm pretty sure you'll have a lot of fun! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the same problem, do you have a resolution yet?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I basically reset everything. The Alta, removed and reinstalled the app. Also make sure your Fitbit isn't paired with another device. I had mine paired with my iPad as well. Once I unpaired the iPad and repaired with iPhone, haven't had an issue.

Sent from my lovely iPhone
Best Answer