Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Won't Sync to iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I am looking for help syncing to my iPhone. The Bluetooth searches and cannot find the Alta. I have reset the Alta, deleted the Fitbit app and reloaded it, turned Bluetooth off and on and restarted my phone as advised on the message board and nothing works. It does sync to my iPad but it takes about 10 mins to sync. I am very frustrated. Any advice is appreciated.
Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89
Good to hear! Now get to steppin'😁

--
Sent from IPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Kate62! Are you still experiencing syncing issues:

I would recommend the following troubleshoots to help you get back on track with syncing your Alta:
1. Restart your Alta, click here for instructions.
2. Reboot your iOS device.
3. Open your iOS settings, turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
4. Open the Fitbit App to initiate a sync.

Hope this helps!

Nice work @rudysmom and @NKGME! Now, let's get back to stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My alta  isn't found my my iphone blue tooth, it previosuly was. I have deleted the app and put it back. I went into my phone's setting and to check my text notifications that is on as well as the fitbit app notifications, but still no connections. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Dawn_M! You can follow our friend's @SunsetRunner sync troubleshoot for iOS devices to try to sync your Alta with your iPhone again.

I hope this helps. See you soon! Robot LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have charged my Alta, uninstalled ap reinstalled ap an reset Alta still will not sync and only have it synced to phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to have you on board @Sufit. Please try the Syncing troubleshoot for Android app that our friend @SunsetRunner has shared with us. 

Welcome to the Community!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a FitBit Alta after owning a FitBit Charge for the past 2.5 Years... 
I have followed all of the same steps as above, and I am having the same problem.  Very frustrating.  
It will Not sync / update.  I have installed and reinstalled the doggle and the software on my mac.  I have installed and deleted the app to my phone.  My iPhone searches and searches for the FitBit Alta signal, only to give me this error message:  "Unable to Start Firmware Update - Firmware update cannot be started right now because the system is busy.  Try again in a few minutes."

Please know that I just rec'd my Alta five days ago, and it updates (syncs) every other day.  So, this tells me that there is No problem with my iPhone or my Mac .. the problem is the FitBit Alta.  

*****NOTE:  The Alta does not count stairs!!  So, after two years of collecting badges for stairs, FitBit introduces a product that doesn't???? I Can Not Figure that one out ... I am sooo disapointed at FitBit for this one.... I am sending it back, and requesting that FitBit make a slimmer band that does not take away from the challanges they created.  Yes, I understand the altimeter sensor didn't fit, and it would not fit in the Alta... but they should notify Current Users at Checkout ... And WHY Did they call it an ALTA if it does Not Have an ALTI????

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
I am having the same problem - Bluetooth searches for my Alta that is right beside my phone and never finds it
Best Answer
This worked for me too. Thank you for posting this tip. I also am on iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you here @cFaLk@DvG and @Shea_in_Houston! Please follow  @PeterFitbit sync troubleshoot for iOS devices to try to sync your Alta with your iPhone again.

Are you still getting the firmware update message @cFaLk? Thank you for the altimeter feedback. You can vote for our Next Generation Alta with altimeter Feature Request.

It's nice to have you on board!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much! I was having trouble getting my iPhone 5S to detect my new Alta to set it up, and pressing the button on the charging cable fixed it! Syncing just fine now! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @ElectricUnicorn Robot LOL. I'm glad to hear that pressing the button on the charging cable fixed your syncing issues and your Alta is syncing fine now. 

I also would like to encourage you to spend a good time sharing your experiences with other friends in our Discussions board. I'm pretty sure you'll have lots of fun!

Best Answer
0 Votes

open the fitbit app, hit account bottom right corner, hit alta, scrol down halfway to bottom and turn on all day sync, it will ask you if you want to pair bluetooth with alta hit yes, after it is paired turn the all day sync off again.

this worked for me.

Best Answer

Open Fitbit app, hit account bottom right corner, scroll down to all-Day sync and turn it on, this should prompt to pair bluetooth with Alta, hit yes once paired you can then turn off all Day sync

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jaroekle! Thank you for your amazing advise! It could be helpful for some users.

Keep participating in the forums and if you have more questions, don't hesitate to come back! Robot LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank God this worked!!! Was driving me crazy. Just opened and closed the charger thing 3x fast and all of a sudden worked after 1 hour of trying!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Family @Julesmck01! I'm glad to hear you were able to sync your device!

Thank you for sharing your tip with us! Robot LOL I also would like to encourage you to spend a good time sharing your experiences with other friends in our Discussions board. I'm pretty sure you'll have lots of fun! 

Nice work! Now, let's get back to stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I'm getting frustrated as my Alta refuses to sync in 24 hours all of a sudden. I have tried disconnecting the blue tooth connection and reconnecting, shutting down the app and reopening, turning my iPhone on and off and also restarting the tracker. I can see the steps I have but it just won't sync. Anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try turning on the all day sync then back off again, that worked for me

Jeff iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks. I just left it and it just started syncing again the evening. Thanks for the suggestion though
Best Answer