Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Won't Sync to iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I am looking for help syncing to my iPhone. The Bluetooth searches and cannot find the Alta. I have reset the Alta, deleted the Fitbit app and reloaded it, turned Bluetooth off and on and restarted my phone as advised on the message board and nothing works. It does sync to my iPad but it takes about 10 mins to sync. I am very frustrated. Any advice is appreciated.
Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

Hey hey hey, thanks for stopping by @Klutzy9118 and @Jaroekle. I'm glad to hear that you were able to sync your Fitbit Alta @Klutzy9118Robot LOL @Jaroekle, thank you for sharing your advice!

We have begun to roll out a new Fitbit Firmware for the Fitbit Alta, version 21.37.8. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This release resolves an issue where some customers had difficulty syncing. 

Thanks for being part of the Community!

Best Answer
Hi Andrea I was actually going to post here again about the fact that after that one sync, my Fitbit has not synced again since and it has been 2 days and I have tried all the solutions on this thread. I'm at the stage now where I'm not sure what else I can and I think there is an issue with the tracker itself...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Klutzy9118! Please Contact Support. They will take good care of you. Remember to tell them that you have tried all the solutions (describing them), so it can be solved faster. 

Keep me posted!

Best Answer

This fixed my issue! Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Shellellen! I'm glad to hear that your issue was fixed. Robot LOL

I also would like to encourage you to spend a good time sharing your experiences with other friends in our Discussions board. I'm pretty sure you'll have lots of fun! 

Best Answer

This worked for me. I had the same issue, and this solution worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @rothenberger26! It's great to hear that you're back on track. 🙂 Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips,recipes and more! Give it a look!

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, why doesn't FiTBiT tell us during the checkout process that the Alta Does NOT have the ALTI Sensor in it for Counting Stairs??  How can they create a new product called 'ALTA' and promote it to many Faithful LoVERS of FiTBIT (that all collect Badges) ... and then promote that NEW product, BUT Takes Away A Feature... Crazy & Soooo Sad!  
They should add a Box During the CHECK OUT Process that says, "Already a FiTBIT Owner" ..and then have something pop up that says, "This Does Not Count Stairs" .... 

It's soooo misleading!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @cFaLkAn altimeter was not included in Alta in order to keep it as sleek and thin as possible, you can check out the great features that the Fitbit Alta includes.  

See you around! 

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done everything except restart fitbit. I don't want to lose my data. This is the second ttime this has happened, it is very frustrating. I don't see any replies to same question,.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @DotV! Your tracker stores your data for up to 7 days and when you sync your data is stored in the Fitbit servers don't worry about it and try the restart, this will refresh the internal logs of your tracker and will your tracker to be synced. 

Let me know it goes, I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does not sync automatically.  Have to keep resyncing on iPhone and iPad.  However Bluetooth is continually searching for watch app when I look. I don't have a watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help connecting Alta to IPhone.. Bluetooth. Any locate

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unable to sync my iphone to my Fitbit Alta.  Just stopped today.  Very frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for visiting the Community @Deedal @Gurney @Scruffy1985

If you have already tried doing the restart several times and still not syncing, check out the Syncing Troubleshoot for iOS devices and keep an eye on it. 

Keep me posted 

Best Answer

I had the same issue. My Alta stopped syncing while I was at the gym and I freaked out. I tried restarting my iPhone, deleting and reinstalling the app but nothing worked until I restarted my Alta. I had to do it about three times. It finally connected to my phones Bluetooth and within 5 minutes, it synced on my app! Hope this helps 🙂  

Best Answer

It's great to see new faces around @LadyFerg

It's great to hear that you're back on track! Robot Very Happy Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

Hope to see you posting more often! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  After searching the Alta Board for messages related to sync and iphone, I finally found an answer that helped me.  I got a new iphone 2 days ago, but my old one is still here in my desk and that is why it was not updating my new iphone.  As soon as I deleted the app off the old iphone, the new one sync(ed?).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for visiting the Community @kwallace

I'm happy to here that you have found the answer within the community. I invite you to check the  Discussions board where you can find several topics that might you might find interesting. 

Hope to see you posting more often! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get my alta to sync with my iPhone. This just started today, has been working fine. Bluetooth connected, turned phone off completely. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes