Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Won't Sync to iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I am looking for help syncing to my iPhone. The Bluetooth searches and cannot find the Alta. I have reset the Alta, deleted the Fitbit app and reloaded it, turned Bluetooth off and on and restarted my phone as advised on the message board and nothing works. It does sync to my iPad but it takes about 10 mins to sync. I am very frustrated. Any advice is appreciated.
Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

It's great to see you around @lucydog11

Let me help you to sync your Alta. As a first troubleshooting step I recommend performing the restart 2 or 3 times in a row and keep an eye on it. If the issue persists I recommend following the Syncing Troubleshooting steps for iOS devices

Let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

How do you manually turn this on??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for visiting the Community @Kelmo

If you mean manually sync your tracker follow the instructions below: 

• Open the Fitbit App 
  • Tap on Account 
  • Select your tracker 
  • Scroll down and tap where it says "Sync Now"

Hope it helps! 

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Help won't sync what am I doing wrong

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see new users around @Speeder26

It's a shame to hear that you've been experiencing this inconvenience. If you have already tried the restart several times I recommend following the troubleshoots that I mentioned in my previous post

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't get my Alta to sync with my iPhone. It was never a problem before.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!  We were having an awful time getting my daughter's Fitbit to sync.  The resetting worked like a charm.  Sadly, I thought it was an iPhone issue for about two hours ha!   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @Dsheiman @Dsheiman

@Dsheiman Let's start by performing the restart 2 or 3 consecutive times. if this doesn't sort it out follow the Syncing Troubleshooting steps for iOS devices

@Terik76 You're more than welcome! Thank you for the update, it was a pleasure to help you. 

Hope to see you posting more often! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see new faces in the Community @Jessigirl

Let me help you out with your Alta. As a first step I recommend performing the restart 2 or 3 consecutive times, if the issue persists follow the syncing troubleshoots that I shared in my previous post and let me know how it goes! 

Keep me posted, I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta Fitbit is fully charged but will not sync to my phone. I've tried everything. Any help is appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for visiting the Forums @jbourre

I noticed that you have an open case with the Support Team, I recommend keeping an eye on your email inbox for the next steps. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. The two are not usually in the same room, but when they were I had problems until I found this answer. Excellent!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just stopped syncing last night at 9 PM. Trying everything.

Fixed. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I wondered if you could help. I have tried following the steps suggested on this thread, my Alta is synced with my phone but it won’t complete the set up. It keeps getting stuck on ‘connecting with tracker’ and has been at this stage for 12 hours. I’ve tried resetting, turning phone off and on etc etc multiple times. It is an iPhone 6s. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @RBueing @NanasRanch @SunsetRunner! 

@RBueing It's great to hear that you're back on track! If you need further assistance I'll be around! 

@NanasRanch @SunsetRunner Thanks for your patience to this matter, in order to further assist you I've gone ahead and created a case on your behalf. Soon you'll be getting an email with the next steps. 

Keep me posted!

Best Answer

Where’s This button on the charger that you y’all about?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @CrazyCody

If you're attempting to restart your Alta you'll need to press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds. Below you can see the button that I'm referring to: 

Capture alta charger.PNG

Hope it helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue at least once a week. It is rather annoying to have to reset your Fitbit, delete the app and reinstall it (which usually doesn’t help) or restart the phone. It is absolutely ridiculous that one should have to do this. ALL THE TIME. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @TraciF

I totally understand your frustration to this matter, let me help you out.  To make sure that you have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps take a look at the Why won't my Fitbit device sync? article. If you're still having trouble let me know so I can give you the next steps. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes