Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Won't Turn On

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Alta today and I've had it plugged in and charging for over 2 hours now and it won't turn on. If I tap the screen nothing happens, I've tried restarting it too. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
199 REPLIES 199

I Finney got mine up and running by loading a different Alta program than reloading the Alta He program. Seemed strange but that got mine working. Been fine ever since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Working now after loading Alta program , unloading it then loading the Alta He program. For some reason that got things running.

Best Answer

Same here my Alta won’t turn on, I had STAAR testing today and my teacher told me to bring my Fitbit to the office , I told them I had timers on and to end the timer you have to double tap it , they said they double tapped it and it turned off but when I put the Fitbit Alta on me it wouldn’t even budge to turn on, also it is full chargerd 

Best Answer

New Alta Fitbit charged but won't turn on when tapped.  Have tried restarting numerous times.  Should I return it?

Best Answer
Yes return it! When it works it’s easy and great !
Best Answer
0 Votes

after charging for over 2 hours, it will not respond to tap

it is fully charged but will not respond other than fitbit.com/setup

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @GFD-124, have yu set it up?

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
I am trying to set up but when I try to finish by turning it on, it won't turn on, even though it's charged.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Sandyfoxperry, it can't be turned on and off.  It is always on unless it is dead.  Are you seeing the set up screen, or is yours completely blank?

If it is blank, please try the restart procedure.  Plug it in to charge, and while it is still plugged in and charging, press the button on the charger three times, pausing briefly between each press, as in press, count One Two, press, count One Two, press.  Hopefully that will bring it to life.  If it does not, repeat the restart procedure at least twice more.  

If you still have a completely blank screen, then you should either return it where you bought it for an exchange or get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com.  Be sure to tell them the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

Best Answer

After trying several other suggestions, the thing that finally worked was this... just deleting my FitBit app from my phone and re-downloading.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vscarlett17, really glad you got it going again!

Best Answer

My Alta HR won't turn on?

Best Answer

Cousinricky, how can you sync it if it does not turn on. When I use fitbit app on PC it is asking me for a 4 digit number to enter, however if the alta does not turn on, you cannot get a 4 digit number

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Good to see you around! 🙂

@vscarlett17, I'm glad to hear that it worked for you! 🙂

@EAngel, are you still having problems with your tracker not turning on?

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Make sure you are picking the correct alta when setting up for the first time. I was choosing the Alta HR and that's not the one I have. The regular Alta is a little further down the list of options and I didnt even realize there were multiple types.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and tried many things but they didn't work. Then it turned out that my phone (pixel 2) wasn't fully compatible with the app. Wasn't on the supported device list.

Solution: add the device to a compatible phone/computer (e.g., your family/friends phone). It will be registeted to cloud -- meaning that your phone app will show the device -- but you won't be able to sync with your phone. Fortunately, after one day, my phone app asked me to connect the device and it worked then!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried what you said a it didn't work.And I'm getting really mad that I spent this money on this and it won't work.

Best Answer

Hello, I had the same problem. All you need to do is get a needle or toothpick and press It into the reset button. The reset button is located on the charger, it is a small hole. I hope this helped!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What if my USB has no button? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @SunsetRunner , the charger originally supplied with the Alta has a small button on the usb end of the charger.

If yours has no button, that suggests you bought a 3rd party replacement charger.  Unfortunately, without the button it is not possible to give your Alta a restart.  If you have a friend with an Alta you could try borrowing their charger.  

You can also buy replacement chargers from Fitbit.  The official Fitbit charger will have the button.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes