Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Won't Turn On

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Alta today and I've had it plugged in and charging for over 2 hours now and it won't turn on. If I tap the screen nothing happens, I've tried restarting it too. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
199 REPLIES 199

I got a fitbit alta from my kids for mothers day. I've charged it for over 5 hours, it won't turn on. Tap on the screen, nothing happens, I don't know what to do? I can't reset it because it was never on to begin with. Help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

An update as I've been silent and I'm actually quite upset at this point.

When I first called regarding my Alta issue Customer Support was amazing and I was told that they would be sending a replacement.  It never came so upon the advice here I reached out to them.  It was great advice and they sent an Alta out!  To the wrong address.  Admittedly I did previously live at that address but I had already given them the address to send it to.

Now that some stranger has a new FitBit... I reached back out to them and they send the new device to me.  I just got it, just this second.  And it's a Charge HR.

I honestly think that I should just give up on ever owning an Alta and quite frankly I'm debating if I should continue to give FitBit my money.  I would have just returned my Alta to the store that I purchased it at but it was out of state and I not only will not be making that trip any time soon but I also left my receipt in that state.  I'd try to get a new one from the store if need be or whatever if that's something that was really wanted... I just don't even know what to do.

I know that I didn't want a Charge HR.  I know that I shouldn't complain beause a FitBit is a FitBit.  But my goodness how hard is it at this point???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErzaScarlet , of course you should complain!  You want an Alta ... call them back and get them to put it right and send you the device you ordered and paid for.  They definitely will.  Fitbit are pretty good about standing by their service and their products -- everyone makes mistakes,

But hang on to that CHR -- it's a great device and the perfect pair for the Alta.  Alta day to day, CHR in the gym.  Sorted.  Tell them it was their mistake and you aren't taking any more time to send it back.  

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Hi,

Yeah....it happened to me too when I first using the it. But the thing is I
got the trick, you need to set it up first using computer or laptop. I also
done the same way when they gave me the alta replacement and it work. Done
the same trick to my bf alta too.

Try it and do let me know if its work for you too.

Cheers!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I gave in and took it back and exchanged for a new Alta. This new one is working and I'm loving it. I get my text n calls on it too and I love it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G I finally heard back from Fitbit Support.  While they did apologize for the constant issues that I've been facing, they also stated that they will not process another replacement for me until I return the Charge HR.  And that after their email I would be getting a follow-up email with the RMA information (gee, this sounds familiar).

Not only have I not received the second email but I did email them back right away.  Am I the only one that finds it silly that they will not continue to try and get me the item that I actually purchased until I correct their mistake?  Like does that make sense?  I'm more than happy to send the incorrect one back but based on the actions so far how am I to feel confident that I'll actually get what I requested?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get a response or figure out how to fix the problem? I have the same problem. The Alta is working and it syncs with my computer and iphone, it charges, but as soon as I take it off of the charger - no matter how long - the screen goes dark and cannot be revived, at all, ever...so frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi yep I got in contact with fitbit and they sent me a brand new alta, now all good. Fabulous customer service.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive tired everything you guys have all suggested and it still wont turn on, it doesnt even show its charging. Should I return it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Return it, I returned mine and got a new one and it works fine now. I love my Fitbit now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My alta was fully charged, and was working this morning... NOW there is nothing showing even when I try to sync it with my app... It is a blank screen... what should I do?  How do you reset it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure you are plugging your charging cable into a 5V port (e.g. iPhone charging block or laptop USB port). Using a 20V charging block (e.g. iPad charging block) is too much voltage for the Alta charging cable.

I had the same issue as you had. After calling Fitbit customer service, they sent a new Alta but it would not charge either. Once I purchased a replacement charging cable and plugged it into my iPhone charging block, the Alta began charging. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same issue- what did you do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Called customer support and they mailed me a new charger... Apparently my charger was bad

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!!!! Only answer that worked of all the official posts!
Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you!

only good answer on here! never noticed the button before!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having no joy putting my new alta on my device. All I can get up on the display is fitbit.com/setup?

I have a flex that Iam attempting to change but with no joy whats so ever.

It says to turn it on - How as I can't see a button?

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you plug it into a computer?
The button we're speaking of is on the actual charger dangle. It's the black cord you plug into the computer or a USB port. There's a small black circle on it that is actually a button.
Let me know if this makes sense. You push that three times when your Alta is plugged in.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all of this bit it won't let me do anything. I have restarted it
the bluetooth my phone uninstalled and re installed the app now?
I took my flex off and now that won't sync?

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having hte same problem. The scree works when the USB port is plugged into my computer, but the minute I disconnect it, it goes blank.

Best Answer
0 Votes