Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Won't Turn On

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Alta today and I've had it plugged in and charging for over 2 hours now and it won't turn on. If I tap the screen nothing happens, I've tried restarting it too. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
199 REPLIES 199

I'm having the same problem. :((

I've charged 4 hours and now I don't know what to do. Have u got your problem solved?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes i replaced it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you manage to sort this?  Customer services have sent me two replacements now and neither would work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ymidori, have you tried a restart?  You should do this 3 times.

If your Alta still doesn't work, please get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

The problem started when my original Alta stopped syncing.  Customer services have sent me two replacements now and neither will start up.  I have tried restarting both with no luck.  I'll try e-mailing customer services again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer services came back to me with just another reference to the help pages.  They even referred to my Alta tracker as a 'Charge 2'.  I suspect that all is not well with the Fitbit team.  Looking at the number of queries on this forum, they must be totally overwhelmed by complaints.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At last, my third replacement Alta seems OK. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Cannot get my ta fitbit to work it is charged and just says  fitbit setup.com  My charger is like that has what looks like 2 metal pegs. Has no buttons to push. I have spent hours trying to get it going and I am not very computer wise. And I am rather old. Can someone help me.I bought mine from catch.com.au

Here is hoping? Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Georgina10, first plug your Fitbit into your computer making sure that the two metal plugs line up OK.  You should be able to feel a slight buzz when you do that.  On the charger, there is a flat round button on the end which fits into your computer.  It's quite hard to see.  If you press that 3 times with a brief pause between each press, your Fitbit should reset to the factory settings.  If that doesn't work, I would recommend that you phone customer services. From the number of comments on these threads, it seems to be a very common problem regardless of the users computer skills or age 🙂  Hope you get it sorted.

Best Answer

Hi, @Georgina10, have you gone to the website https://www.fitbit.com/setup and followed the instructions there?  You will need to download a little program/ app to your computer, tablet or phone in order to get it going.  Until it is set up it won't show anything more than what you are seeing.

I hope this helps!  Please post again if you are still having difficulties.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hello glinco,  Thank you for reply, have just spotted button I am very busy just now will try maybe in the next day or so as I have to go away. I will keep u posted Georgina10

Best Answer
0 Votes

hELLO GLINCO, i JUST HAD A TRY AND HEARD BUZZ IT CAME UP WITH v212417

MAYBE YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT THAT MEANS WHEN YOU HAVE TIME. Many Thanks Georgina

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Julia_G   I have been on Fitbit setup on Laptop I Pad and phone  and all my Alta does is come up with fitbit.com/setup and do all the things they ask and it just says searching on all things and fitbit zilch.

I am thinking I must have one that is faulty. I am at aloss and feel I have a faulty one. Thank you for replying to me. Georgina10

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Julia my fitbit bracelet problem was it was just an Alta not HR and I am so disappointed I asked in a store did it have a heart rate and was told yes, that is why I bought it to keep an eye on my heart, then to make matters worse I do not know how any one can do these bracelets up,mine is useless to me because I cannot put it on and no heart rate and I cannot afford another one. Thank u for being patient with me. Georgina 10.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Glinco the problem I had my fitbit was not an HR. I did not know there were 2. When I made enquiries prior to buying lady told me the Alta had heart details. was my main reason for buying it. Now I find I cannot do the stupuid thing up, I  am sso disgusted with this fitbit product i have I feel I have been had. Thank u for the help u gave me Georgina10

Best Answer
0 Votes

my alta wont turn on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Instructions on how to start using fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem is there any chance u have resolved this and if so how?? 

Kind regards, Oscar

Best Answer
0 Votes

This tells us how to recharge but not how to reset. Can you address that? Mine is not turning on unless plugged on. And it looks like it’s charging but is around 80% & stuck there. Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you this helped a lot.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes