Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta and Alta HR silent alarms stopped syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My silent alarms stopped synching after the last upgrade.  Each alarm says "Not Synced Yet", even though everything else is synching fine.  Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone!

I wanted to let you know that our team released the Fitbit app 3.77 version which brings a fix for issues experienced with the alarms. This update should be available for all our members, so please make sure to install it on your phone. For more details about how to manage your alarms, see this help article.

We appreciate your patience and we'll keep working to Fitbit more useful for you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

Have the same problem.  All my alarms started saying, “Not synced yet,” even when I let the sync process run for 10 minutes!  Also some of my alarms duplicated themselves filling up all my alarm slots.  Very annoying, but it seems that the alarms are in sync with my Alta because the next alarm is listed on the Alta…  Fingers crossed that alarm goes off!  

Best Answer

I had duplicates too but was able to delete them.  My alarm was listed on my fitbit this morning but it never went off.  Everything in my app still showing Not Synched.  

Best Answer

I am also having this problem…have you had any advice on how to fix the issue? 

Best Answer

Sorry, no.  Hoping that an admin type or someone working for Fitbit will see this during upcoming week and offer suggestions.  

Best Answer

I still have one alarm I can’t delete. And that’s odd that it didn’t go off. Are the alarms updating on the Alta?

Here are some of the things I’ve done:

• Closed app and then restarted device my Fitbit app
  • Closed app and then rebooted my Alta (where you plug in device to charge and then press the button on the USB end 3x with about a second between the button presses — button press can be pretty short because you have only 8 seconds to finish).  Then open app and see if the sync improves for you (it didn’t for me)
  • And, because I needed to add two alarms but the app was telling me that it couldn’t do it because its own duplicates of my older alarms were taking up all the slots, I deleted every alarm (take screenshot first) and re-entered them.  It didn’t solve the “Not Synced Yet” problem but at least I had all my alarms
Best Answer

Please look at my suggestions for cuch2 above.  Maybe they’ll improve things for you.  Is everything else synching okay for you?  For me, everything seems to sync from app to device and vice versa but the app’s alarm page makes it seem like the alarms are not synched.  But the alarms are synched and my Alta buzzes at right times for each.

Best Answer

I have rebooted phone and did a hard reset on my Alta.  Problem persists.  Alarms still show not synced in App.  Only active alarm shows on my Alta but did NOT buzz yesterday morning.  Next set to go off on Monday.  Doubt it will go off but who knows.  STarted after my last app store update.  Next step is to reinstall the app.  It will not let me toggle any of my alarms on or off.  The slider bar is greyed out but with color if that makes sense.

Best Answer

I have tried all these but still have the problem. My alarms have been going off but I’m now on a weeks holiday so wanted to turn them off - which I can’t do by toggling them off, however I have been able to delete them.

I have contacted FitBit and they have suggested that the 3.69 update should fix the issue. My last update was 3.68.1…so I am awaiting the next update with anticipation 🤞🏻

Best Answer

This morning, I still could not update my alarms via app. I deleted them all and as I was re-creating them, the app would create a duplicate entry, making it impossible for me to recreate more than four 😐

But then I saw a suggestion to manage the alarms in the Web version of the Fitbit app, and that was more successful.  I know you can toggle off an alarm from the Web version.

Here are the steps if you want to try:

• Close the app on your mobile device.
  • Open a browser window on computer or mobile device.
  • Go to www.fitbit.com.  Log in using your Fitbit account login/password.
  • Your Dashboard should appear first. Go to gear icon in upper right, and select Settings.
  • On left navigation bar, click on Alta under Your Devices
  • Silent Alarms is at the top of a lot of settings you can manage (hmmm… wonder why — a common recurring problem with the app??? :P)
  • You can toggle on/off for the alarm you want to turn off for vacation and if you want to edit or delete the alarm, use the pencil to the right of the alarm
  • Open the app and confirm that your change(s) transferred from Web to app.
  • Sync your Alta and then check to see if your change(s) were updated there.

Note that the Not Synced Yet message will continue in app (both Web and mobile versions) until the app developers fix it.  Hopefully soon and not months from now!

Best Answer

Please see my reply to Vanillafairycak.  Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still showing Not Synched Yet, but a least my alarm went off this morning lol

Best Answer

Tried everything above - including restarting my Fitbit by plugging in USB, pressing button three times - restarted fine but didn't fix the problem.  So, just spent 45 minutes in chat with Customer Support and as has been said, this is not going to get sorted until they produce an update which is very frustrating when we have come to rely on our alarms!!

Customer Service did advise "it is indeed something that is being presented in the first Fitbit devices" so I guess next they are going to withdraw support for older devices to make us buy new ones 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

My alarms won't go off!

Best Answer

Just downloaded the 3.69 update and it didn’t fix the issue.  It was available in the app store.

Best Answer
Me too - didn’t work!

Ray Sellwood
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too - didn’t work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update didn’t solve it 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m on 3.69 and the problem persists 

I find it all works fine and alarms sync to the device and go off okay - except occasionally, you get an alarm that won’t delete. These ones won’t sync to the Alta. I ignore them and eventually they go away. Possibly when I close the app or possibly when I’ve been trouble shooting and deleted the device from the app. 

Best Answer

I have tried literally everything and nothing works - it’s so frustrating- I’ve downloaded the update, removed the app, re-started my Fitbit, tried on my pc - ready to give up now 🤷‍:female_sign:🙆‍:female_sign:

Best Answer