Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta and Alta HR silent alarms stopped syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My silent alarms stopped synching after the last upgrade.  Each alarm says "Not Synced Yet", even though everything else is synching fine.  Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Hi all. I’m having the same problem with my Alta hr. I’ve tried all of the above too with no joy and the update is up-to-date.  So annoying. I just wanted to add weight to the argument but not sure fitbit admin see this?  I’m sure they’ve done it on purpose so we all ask for a new device for Christmas!! 

Best Answer

These days, I only use Fitbit for alarms and testing HR at night whilst my Apple Watch charges. So if this Alta won’t work it’s the end and I’m off to Whoop

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the time taken in sharing your feedback. I'm happy to let you know our team has released a fix for this issue and should be available to all our members. Please make sure your tracker is syncing correctly and for more details about how to manage your alarms, see this help article.

Don't hesitate to let me know if the issue persists as this will help me to investigate and continue helping you.

Best Answer

Mine are synced! Woohoo 🥳 Thank you. 

Best Answer

Yes mine started working last night too. Thank you so much. No app update and I didn’t update my device but wherever the fix was released, it worked. Much relief 

Best Answer

I have tried on mobile, tried on app but have two repeat alarms I still cannot delete - they are light green, not dark as they should be and they do not go off. I have done the update already but things still are not working properly - please sort 🙏 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same.  Alarms are working but still duplicating and ar least one I cannot delete.

Best Answer

I don’t think these corrupted alarms can be fixed by a software change. Mine disappeared- either when I closed the app or when I removed the Alta from my account in the app and re-added it. I’m sure you can make them go away

Best Answer

The update did not work for me.  I still have one phantom alarm that will not go away.  It cannot be deleted from Fitbit app; it does not even display on Fitbit desktop.  Please have devs continue to work on solution as it seems others in this forum are still experiencing same problems as before.

Best Answer

Also, please remove the "Answered" status on the question as it's not quite true...

Best Answer

My Alta app was updated on Oct. 30, 2022. No other update available and now the alarm sync is worse than ever. If I set the alarm time it changes to 1 hr. earlier. Sometimes I get 2 alarm times the old one and the new one. The new alarm time won’t sync. It just keeps the old alarm time. This is very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details provided, and every step tried on your own. While I'm glad some of you received the fix, I'm sorry this hasn't been the case for all of you. For the ones having issues with the alarms, please reply with the following:

• Do you get an error message when trying to delete the duplicated alarms?
  • Have you tried restarting your tracker and rebooting your phone?
  • What is the model and OS version of your phone?

This information will help me to further investigate, so please keep me posted.

Best Answer

No error message

Yes - rebooted phone - restarted Fitbit

Iphone 11 IOS 15.7.1 - just updated - problem was the same on previous IOS

Best Answer

I restarted my tracker and iPhone. My fitbit app is on the latest version. I am using iOS 16.1. I do not get an error message. What does happen is this: I create an alarm time. Once saved there are two alarms for the same time showing. One appears to be active and the other says" Not Synced Yet". If I close the app the second alarm stays, if I log out of the app when I log in again the second alarm with the "Not Synced Yet" message is gone. When I delete an alarm, it used to sync automatically and remove the alarm, now I must do a manual sync of the app to get the alarm deleted on my fitbit. Thank you. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Luvurminimum and @Pepper337.

Thanks for getting back with more details and every step tried on your own. Let me share our team is actively working on a sync improvement to help ensure that Silent Alarm Syncing is more robust for all our members.

I apologize for the duplicate alarms issues you're encountering. Our team is investigating this issue and is also working on a manual work-around to delete the duplicate alarms coming this month.

Your feedback is appreciated and in the meantime, please make sure to keep your Fitbit device syncing so the rest of your details can stay updated on the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

I wanted to let you know that our team released the Fitbit app 3.77 version which brings a fix for issues experienced with the alarms. This update should be available for all our members, so please make sure to install it on your phone. For more details about how to manage your alarms, see this help article.

We appreciate your patience and we'll keep working to Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

Because this issue got resolved, I'm going to close this thread from further comments.

I truly appreciate your feedback and you can always start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. I'd also invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and find inspiring stories. Happy stepping!

Best Answer