Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta brightness is too dim.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My son-in-law and I both have the Alta watches.  When we compare the screen and brightness on our watches, mine is quite a bit dimmer and I have troubles seeing the display.  I know others are having issues with this as well and I can't see a fix listed in the 'Community Blog' or anywhere on your website.  I am extremely puzzled and frustrated as to why the brightness on my son-in-laws is much more vibrant and easy to see and mine sucks?  My daughter purchased this for me in May 2017 so it's pretty much new.  Is there anything you can do for me as I can't read the one that I have and I am very frustrated with this watch.  I used to have a Charge 2 and that was awesome.....please help me.  I would really like to enjoy your product again.

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

It's great to see new users around @mvl4

Hmm this sounds pretty odd, let me help you. As a first step I recommend performing the restart 2 or 3 consecutive times and keep an eye on it. If you're still noticing this issue please post a picture if possible in order to further assist you. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
How do you restart the Alta

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Thanks for replying back @mvl4

In order to restart your tracker follow the instructions below:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any USB power adapter.

2. Insert the other end of the cable into the port on the back of your Fitbit Alta. Your Alta will begin charging.

3. Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. 

4. Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.

5. After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Hope it helps! 

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
This did nothing to the screen and we are still too dim

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @mvl4

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a Support Case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Catch you later!

Best Answer
Thank you

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

You're welcome @mvl4! Let me know how it goes, I'll be around if you need further help. Robot wink 

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

See you around! 

Best Answer

I also have that problem. It's impossible to see outside in the daylight. 

Best Answer

Thanks for visiting the Forums @Nancy2named

Let me help you with your Alta. Please perform the restart 2 or 3 consecutive times if you still feeling that display is too dim please take a picture of the screen and post it here so I can further investigate. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Hello! 

I'm having the same issue. My fitbit is essentially black screen. I have tried restarting and it does not fix it. While the screen is black, I know it's still working because it will still buzz on my wrist for phone calls, text, and step goal reached. HELP!

Best Answer
My Alta Fitbit is worthless in the sun. And like you, it’s working but too dim. That really bothers me.
Best Answer

I have a new Alta HR and it has the same problem - screen almost invisible when outdoors even when the sun is not strong.  I have re-booted three times as advised in this forum and it is still just the same.  It is pretty much useless outdoors for viewing the time or any stats

Best Answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem.  So frustrating.  My husband has a cheap WearHealth and it's totally bright.  So much for spending $100+...

@LazyDonkey wrote:

I have a new Alta HR and it has the same problem - screen almost invisible when outdoors even when the sun is not strong.  I have re-booted three times as advised in this forum and it is still just the same.  It is pretty much useless outdoors for viewing the time or any stats

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have same issue with that,, and i dont know what to do, i dont have the button on my charging cable, for reboot

Best Answer
0 Votes