Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta display not visible under the sun

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Very disappointed in this product. The display screen is not visible in the sun. What is the point of having a watch when you can't read it. After talking to a representative from the company , this was the only suggestion was to write a review, but no replacement watch or monies would be refunded. Sorry to hear that they wouldn't replace it with another product that shows a well lit screen, even if I had to pay a little extra.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Snowcake. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with how the display on your Alta tracker looks outdoors.

At the moment, this is not a setting that can be modified on the tracker, so that's the reason why our team wouldn't be able to replace it with another one. On the other hand, keep in mind that if you purchased your Alta from Fitbit directly, you have a 45 day window to return your product if you think you don't like it. If you're still under this period, let me know so that I can escalate your case to the Support Team for them to help you out. If you purchased your tracker from a different retailer, please, check the return time frame with them to know if you can still return the tracker for a refund.

If you need more help with this, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no idea Why you would manufacture a watch where the screen is impossible to read in the daylight. There wasn’t much thought put into the design of the Alta 2. Very disappointing. Do you even make one that the screen is visible? If the watch doesn’t offer a readable screen in daylight it should be strongly stated giving the consumer the opportunity to know this information before purchasing. It is a terrible design. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your response. I have this watch for at least s a year so your offer will not stand. I didn’t realize what a problem until I  went on a trip and exercised mostly outdoors. I came on the community site after searching for information on the web. I have researched many other fitbit watches online and noticed all the features each one has. No where did I see in the description that you can’t read the screen outdoors and other consumers complained about your other models being difficult to read. I realize it’s an exercise tracker but, it tells time too. I wouldn’t want to where my tracker and another wrist watch just to see the time. I hope in the future you can manufacture a model that you can clearly read the screen outdoors. Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes