Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta hr wont connect to bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After collecting my new alta hr today I'm disappointed to find it won't connect to my Bluetooth.  I have previously had a charge hr and flex and had no issues connecting either of these with initial set up. So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, turned my phone off and on again, turned Bluetooth on and off again but no luck so far.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks for any advice

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

@Ed_Public 😀very good point!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Have tried all suggestions and it won't link to my Bluetooth-I have reinstalled app, updated software on Apple phone, etc etc.....

Best Answer

@Debmcp If you have tried everything listed in this Help Article then you are probably best to contact Customer Support Let us know how you go.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I'm not familiar with Samsung, it sounds like you did what you needed to do, I will say this, I connect better with my IPad, if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So mine won't connect either.  I have a Huawei P9 Lite, and was told today that this phone is not supported by the fitbit app.........by the fitbit support team.

Of course this makes NO SENSE as it's an android.

I have done everything I can including switching off every single Bluetooth enabled device in my house. I cannot control what moves past my house though.

What I do not understand is that the phone picks up the fact that my tracker is there........it finds it. And then it just sits there and does not connect.

How is that even logical?

So back to fitbit..........please get us online without all this drama.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AntsJordaan Ok, first of all it is a pain that your phone is not compatable with the fitbit app and I understand your frustration. But I dont really understand what you are saying. Support have told you that it isnt compatable. If you would like to check yourself, here is the link. Compatable Devices  The fact that it is not compatable doesnt mean it wont partially work (yours recognises your tracker so it does some of what it is supposed to) but that isnt much use to you. The fact that it is an android phone is irrelevant. If it isnt on the list chances are it wont work as it should. Do you have a tablet or a laptop you can use to sync to the app? If not, it sounds as if it is not going to work for you.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, nelly.  I assumed that the system dictates compatability.  I mean, when we have Windows on a laptop, they don't say it's not compatible to an HP, but is to a Lenovo? That's the logic I was going with. If the phone has Android, it should work.

But I guess it's different for phones then and my logic was too basic. 😄

Thanks though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1 hr in. Ready to throw it across the room. I never had this problem with either of my altas.

Best Answer
Hi I had problems to begin with also, I went my settings on my phone or iPad and selected Bluetooth, then the devices show up then chose Alta HR, had trouble at first.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey. Good on you you were able to connect with ur bluetooth! Mine stopped connecting! Initially it was fine but now it's updating. Help! Share whatever u have done to synchronize it again. Many thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
If mine goes off, I go to my settings in either my phone or my iPad, I click on Bluetooth and it displays the available devices, then I choose the correct one. It does not always work on my phone, I use my IPad for that.
Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same problem but found a fix... turn off the wifi in your phone and it will pair.. just did that and it worked perfectly.

Best Answer
I found that out also! Good Work!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is brand new, o e day old and not synching to my phone. It did not come with a dongle so I have no idea how to get data off it.  

I do not have two rooms three hours to play with it so tell me what to do so I can get it to synching. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry I'm trying to figure this out too, are you saying that the HR needs a cellphone connection through our synced device to connect to Bluetooth?
Best Answer
0 Votes
To tell you the truth, this frustrates me also, I not sure how it works, or when, evidently I played enough to be successful!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
You have the wrong person. I never sent this question . I am not
kellydh22. Please stop replying
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey...sorry for late reply. What I did is I installed the app in my tablet
and tried to synchronise with it and then it started working in my mobile
fon again! Try and see what will happen...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I always sync to my iPad, it does not sync to my iPhone. Works for me!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all of these instructions and my Fitbit Alta HR still won't connect to my phone.  I've logged out of the app, deleted it, re-downloaded it, turned off bluetooth, restarted my phone, turned bluetooth back on!  Very frustrating!  It also isn't classing active minutes as "daily exercise"

HELP!

Best Answer