Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta overheated and died

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Alta is relatively new, I've only had it for less than a month now. Whilst wearing it, it started to overheat, so much so that it gave a burning sensation against my skin. I had to take it off and it cooled down after about 5-10 minutes. However, it won't turn on now, I've tried to charge it too but it looks like it has died completely. Is there anything I can do?
Best Answer
0 Votes
50 REPLIES 50

Yeah that same thing happened to me😢 overheated than died! I have learned a very valuable lesson to never leave my elections outside ever again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

One month later, and my Alta is still working after the freezer fix. I no longer get "low battery" warnings though. When it quits, it just vibrates and dies.  After charging it again it works though.  I still get several days use out of it though.  When you try putting it in the freezer...leave it at least overnight. I had to do the freezer trick several times to get it back to working condition for more than about a day.  But...so far it's still working and I didn't have to buy a new one. I

Best Answer
0 Votes
So you mean it still works if you put it in the freezer overnight?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes...mine started working again after a few long trips to the freezer
right after it overheated. It's not quite as dependable as before
(sometimes it just shuts off with no warning, but then does fine after a
recharge). In general it works fine now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok Thxx imma go put this in da freezer now!! Thxx sm!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone and welcome to the new users! 

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and experiences I can see that many of you have shared multiple troubleshoots and solutions. I'm aware that you probably already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, however, it won't harm to follow this charging tips and if you're still getting trouble feel free to post back so I can further help you. 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi this happens to me yesterday contacted customer support sent a picture but no one followed up. My skin burned fr overheating ko sun exposure as I was just sleeping a woke up feeling a warm thing in my arm and see this:

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta has also quit working, when I plugged it in to my t.v. USB port it made a weird noise and hasn’t worked since. I’ve bought a brand new Fitbit charger, thinking that was the problem, but, alas I can’t get it to come back on! I’ve also called customer support, but they couldn’t help me either, I REALLY LOVE my Fitbit and would love to get it working again! HELP PLEASE!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I put mine in the freezer for 2 mins and then I let it warm up and didn’t touch it for a while. After, I put it to a different charger that I normally don’t use and plug it in. It might take longer to charge but then it should turn on. Later that year I got it to work again, I lost it at the Cape😭 so I have bought rn another one. But, I hope it works, good luck and don’t lose your Fitbit!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I will definitely try this too, I’ve tried everything they told me do, but I sure hope I’ve not fried it. I’ve had mine since June 2017, I love it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did exactly the same, happened on my wrist at night while asleep, woke with a burning sensation on my wrist and could see a bright green light. Took it off and put it in the draw but could still see the light. Now it doesn’t work at all. I charge it but as soon as I take it off charge it says the battery is flat. Have ordered a new one now going to try the HR 

Best Answer
0 Votes