Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta randomly shutting off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I searched through postings and don't see one answer that solved this problem. My Alta is about two years old and suddenly this month has started shutting down without warning. Doesn't matter if the battery is fully charged or half full, just shuts off. I have reset it & I've cleaned it. I have an iPhone 6.

As I read through the forum I see this has been an ongoing problem since the beginning of the year. Has anyone at Fitbit found out why? I also see that it's being recommended to purchase a new one. Why would I buy another one if the problem hasn't been solved. Two years isn't a long time, was working perfectly until July. Anyone have any other suggestions? 

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Same issue. Once my Alta battery gets to 80%, it shuts off. Less than a year old and it’s been doing this almost from the beginning.  I miss my One!  So is Fitbit replacing these or not?

Best Answer

Not to my knowledge. They stopped responding to my complaints months ago. I'm done with this company, in fact I don't even miss it anymore. Received an Apple Watch for Christmas, so far so good.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually, the company did replace mine and I pray the same for you. The
advice I can offer is follow and respond to ALL of the companies emails to
you. Mine was less than a year old and purchased off of Amazon. Blessings
for a replacement!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

They wouldn't replace mine because it was older than a year old of course.

I unfortunately had to say good bye to fitbit after this whole fiasco.  They simply just want to intentionally brick their older devices through updates so that you have to buy a newer model.   

I bought a Garmin Vivosmart 4 yesterday.  Same size as the fitbit alta!   So far it seems like this device is much better.  I really don't know why I hadn't considered Garmin before.  No looking back.

I would advise anyone against continuing to support fitbit and their planned obsolescence.  Don't keep buying their devices after they keep screwing us over again and again.

Best Answer

Mine does this too.  Last straw.  Now ordering a Garmin.  Had multiple issues with my husband's Versa 2 & 3.  Replaced his with a Garmin Vivosport and now I am going to do the same for mine.

Best Answer

I did respond and cooperate with every single message and request they asked for, they were not cooperative nor were they willing to replace my Alta. I will never purchase anything from them nor will I ever recommend their products to anyone blessings or no blessings. 

Best Answer

Hi dmcbeck,

Wonder if the issues have been put on the back burner since Google is set to buy Fitbit.

My Alta is doing the same shut off at odd times for no good reason.

I like the Alta for its size & ability to change to nicer wrist bands.

Wish companies would stand by their products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has Fitbit done an update to correct this issue by chance? I like my little Alta.... when it works....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are they actually going to do an update to correct this malfunction? What a bugger.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After all the issues with the Fitbit Alta HR I bought a Garmin Vivosmart 4 and I like it.  Very easy to pair with an iPhone.  I upgraded my iPhone and pairing the new phone was super quick and easy.  I like the small design (fits my wrist nicely).  I do wish I could change to the prettier bands, but overall I am very happy I made the change.

Best Answer
0 Votes