Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta screen stuck on an exclamation mark

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Tried doing a reset but the screen won’t turn on, shows the exclamation mark on the battery and nothing happens after that 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @Ranym , that indicates your battery is completely dead and you will need to plug it in and give it a good charge - probably a couple of hours.  Make sure that you use a charger and socket known to be working, and let it charge for two hours even if it does not seem to be charging.

After dying completely Fitbits sometimes become unresponsive, so after it has had two hours plugged in you are likely to need to do a restart.  Instructions here .  Hopefully a good charge and a restart will get it going again.

Having said that, as I am sure you are aware, all rechargeable batteries have a limited life span and a limited numbers of recharges.  It may be that the battery on your Alta has reached the end of its useful life and it is time to dispose of it/ recycle responsibly,  

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi there, @Ranym. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Alta before reaching out. @Julia_G Thanks for your help!

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you still need help or have any questions/concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance.

See you around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes