Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta shuts off with charged battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta started shutting off randomly 4 weeks ago, but when I plugged in the charger the battery was over halfway charged. I tried restarting it many times by pressing the charger button 3 times and it hasn't helped. Now it is shutting down almost daily, and Fitbit customer service said they can only help by offering a 25% discount on a new one. This is the third one I've purchased, and I love the product. The other two I lost, so I was totally fine replacing it. However I'm really upset that this seems to be a product defect, and I can't get any further help. Has anyone else gone through this? Is there anything else you have tried other than restarting via the charger that has helped? 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Good morning my is Evelyn my Fitbit shot down my battery doesn’t get full charger at all I have problems with my fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jewelz510 at least you have some form of resolution. I reported the same on the 3rd May and got an email on the 11th May to try a different power socket. Bought a new charger, tried same and other sockets, still a black screen and no further response from customer support. 
@fitbit if you’re going to make an inferior product, at least provide the support...you can’t cut costs on both and still expect people to remain loyal to the brand!

Best Answer

Seriously! Now (ironically the day after I talked to customer service on the phone and then wrote a complaint) mine shut off 3x today and now won't work at all with a full battery when I take it off the charger. I'm beyond frustrated. I've worked in customer service a long time, and it takes a lot for me to complain. Especially because I have one of the cheapest ones - I don't even have HR! It's hard to see the inconsistent responses too. So many people have gotten theirs replaced with the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Experiencing exactly the same thing. My daughter, who purchased hers a long time ago is NOT having this problem. I bought mine earlier this year and have the problem. Tried the resetting multiple times. No luck. FRUSTRATING!   Mine is under warranty, so I plan on calling about it soon.

Best Answer