Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta stopped working - out of warranty

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have an Alta, the firmware is :Firmware version: 21.21.40.2. (No idea if there is a newer version, I've never been prompted to update)

Only been charged via usb as instructions stated.

Never been manhandled or used in water, taken good care of it.

Now it doesn’t hold a charge, the screen goes black, it shows a full battery, then sometimes shoes a “medium” battery, doesn’t respond to taps..

I’ve done all the trouble shooting steps many times. Cleaning both connectors, restarting it, removing device from my phone and dashboard then reinstalling it.

Nothing has worked this far. 

This is my second fitbit which has broken shortly out of warranty. When my first one broke, I contacted fitbit, all they offered was a discount on another watch. Foolishly I bought another fitbit, now this one broke slightly out of warranty. And again they will only offer a 25% discount.

My question is. Does anyone know of any other steps they have taken which worked?

Anyone know of a way to get a deeper discount?

Since this - my second one stopped working I am second guessing getting a third watch - since the track record so far with Fitbit has been a money pit....disposable watches. But I want to be sure to try every avenue of fixing it, or getting a higher discount before I move on to another brand, Samsung or garmin. 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Good morning this has happen to me as well  when  you plug it in the charger  there is a button  you press 3 consective times and it will reset it  also leave it in the charger for a while   and it comes back  also try go in to the app and  try adding it again as a new fitbit again  Good Luck

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply.

Sadly I’ve done all the listed steps many times and the problems remain.

just trying I guess to see if anyone has other steps they have tried which restored it.

Like for instance a total factory reset. Or other ideas.

Thanks again.

Best Answer

UPDATE: So this should give everyone more insight as to the practices of this company.

In addition to them evidently considering these watches to be disposable after slightly over 1 year of use.

Right now they have the inspire listed for $59.95., and after applying the 25% off, the cost would be $44.96. 

So if you follow the “discount” link fitbit provides users, and choose the inspire, the discounted price is $52.46....well how can that possibly be? Well, Fitbit is starting with the full price of the item, and applying the 25% “discount” to that price - so actually your discount is only about $7.00.

They are also offering 40% discount if you buy the versa lite (another watch that is running into tons of problems) that whopping 40% discount amounts to $4.00.

Evidently this is all a game of smoke and mirrors with the company. No repairs, no totally factory reset. And “discounts” that amount to nearly the same real price on amazon.

grrrr.

Best Answer